Providence Dining Experiences and Reviews

Garris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I were in the restaurant business, I'd want to take a hard look at the financials of that place. It's well liked, fairly high quality already, and every time I'm there it's jam packed. I have to think someone can make the bottom line work, especially if picked up for a good price.

I was in Bravo on Thursday evening (lovely croque madame) and spoke with the new manager (the ever so hot Kyle). The old manager and co-owner is out, they've brought someone in from Barnsiders (forgot what they said his function was). Kyle said they are focused on maintaining quality and service and are looking to better monetize the upstairs space. I suspect we'll see that as overflow dining on theatre nights in addition to being a function space. Our waitress said it was crazy there for a while, but she is very happy with the new management. They are looking to become solvent again and continuing to be there and serving Providence.

Oh, and service was indeed excellent, we were outside and it started raining, and they quickly seated us inside and got us all settled. One touch, that I really loved, we were sitting down at a new table, and the person helped us noticed it was wobbly and he fixed it with such finesse that my boyfriend didn't even notice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to this month's East Side Monthly, a restaurant called Ardeo is set to open in the former Raphael Bistro space in Union Plaza.

It also mentions that "rumors are swirling" about Mill's Tavern and several Thayer restaurants as well.

• 2 weeks later...

After deciding not to wait for 45 minutes for a table at Pastiche on Sataurday night, we walked towards Atwells through the plaza to get some ideas for dessert but first noticed Palmieri's bakery/cafe on the east side of the plaza (next to the Venda pasta-making storefront). It's very attractive, cozy, and the staff were very nice. Cappuccino and biscotti for two for $12.

After deciding not to wait for 45 minutes for a table at Pastiche on Sataurday night, we walked towards Atwells through the plaza to get some ideas for dessert but first noticed Palmieri's bakery/cafe on the east side of the plaza (next to the Venda pasta-making storefront). It's very attractive, cozy, and the staff were very nice. Cappuccino and biscotti for two for $12.

Palmieri's has a spot in DePasquale plaza now? I never eat at Pastiche, always pick it up and bring it home, much faster that way. My personal favorite bakery up there, though, is Scialo Bros. They'd totally make a killing if they opened up a cafe. It's easily my favorite bakery in the city.

This is the Ardeo that is opening in the former Raphael's spot.

http://www.ardeocapecod.com/

The goal of Ardeo is, and has always been, to share our passion for true Mediterranean cuisine with those who wish to enjoy a quality product in an equally enjoyable atmosphere. Our menu spans the region, encompassing Italy, Greece, Morocco, Spain, and the Middle East and guests can choose from dishes that feature native cheeses, nuts, fruits, baked breads, fresh meats, and local seafood

Archived