Providence Dining Experiences and Reviews

Garris

Where is this Everymans Cafe.. Near El Tiberon? Or closer to Rising Sun..

I finally went to Avery Lounge aka The Bar Formerly Known as Decatur... i'm not sure what to make of it.. I will say its definitely more my style than Decatur ever was, which is basically a way to say I dislike b.o. and patchoili (and the combination of both).. I was happy to see they still had $2 Gansetts... A funny side note; a few times, rather expensive cars toting complete tools and their pimped out Kim Kardashianesque ladies popped in for a drink. They left immediately.. I assume some guido handbook gave Avery a :thumbsup: but a bit prematurely for the GUG Crowd (Growing Up Gotti). That was my fave part of the night..

Also, Sura Korean BBQ in Johnston needs our help.. I've been there a few times recently, and its DEAD.. Its really great Korean, and they do decent sushi.. Please try it.. Also, runawayjim, they have soju, which is not beer, but you still need to try it.. Its a FEAST for under $50 with all the side things they give

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally went to Avery Lounge aka The Bar Formerly Known as Decatur... i'm not sure what to make of it.. I will say its definitely more my style than Decatur ever was, which is basically a way to say I dislike b.o. and patchoili (and the combination of both).. I was happy to see they still had $2 Gansetts... A funny side note; a few times, rather expensive cars toting complete tools and their pimped out Kim Kardashianesque ladies popped in for a drink. They left immediately.. I assume some guido handbook gave Avery a :thumbsup: but a bit prematurely for the GUG Crowd (Growing Up Gotti). That was my fave part of the night..

Also, Sura Korean BBQ in Johnston needs our help.. I've been there a few times recently, and its DEAD.. Its really great Korean, and they do decent sushi.. Please try it.. Also, runawayjim, they have soju, which is not beer, but you still need to try it.. Its a FEAST for under $50 with all the side things they give

Fans of Starbucks coffee can rest easy as the Seattle, Wash., chain skipped over Rhode Island in a recently announced store-closure plan.

Starbucks this week named the 600 stores it will close around the country and no Rhode Island locations appeared on the list. Starbucks loyalists in Massachusetts are not so lucky, as the company will close seven stores in the Bay State, included ones in the Emerald Square mall in North Attleboro and Dartmouth Mall in North Dartmouth.

Fans of Starbucks coffee can rest easy as the Seattle, Wash., chain skipped over Rhode Island in a recently announced store-closure plan.

Starbucks this week named the 600 stores it will close around the country and no Rhode Island locations appeared on the list. Starbucks loyalists in Massachusetts are not so lucky, as the company will close seven stores in the Bay State, included ones in the Emerald Square mall in North Attleboro and Dartmouth Mall in North Dartmouth.

What pray tell is a Super Starbucks? Do they have a Pharmacy and Auto Repair Services? A gas station? Do they sell pampers?

I was a reading an article about the Starbucks contraction the other day and the new CEO basically said, they screwed up, they expanded too fast and they forgot the coffee. Selling CDs and egg sandwiches and frappamochawhatchawhosies distracted them from their mission of being a coffee shop. He actually said they were ditching the egg sandwiches* because the egg smell overwhelmed the coffee smell and a Starbucks should first and foremost smell like coffee. The way he was talking makes me imagine that whatever a Super Starbucks is, the one in Warwick may be one of the last ones.

*and what the hell is up with the egg sandwiches anyway? The Starbucks in One Financial has a stack of them in the bakery display with the muffins and stuff. Do they yank those out and reheat them? Please tell me no. They look gross sitting there in the bakery case, all I can think is bad eggs = diarrhea, so I've never had one.

I dont think Starbucks was ever Hipster approved. Yuppie approved perhaps. Peets seems to have marginal hipster approval, but it may just be because we dont actually have them here in new england. Locally people seem to dig most any place that is serving New Harvest. Personally I drink Eight O'Clock out of a percolator. If the other hipsters find out that I own a percolator they will revoke my permit to wear dorky glasses.

I'm a Keurig guy myself.. Of course, you probably all knew this.. Its the most wasteful, lazy, non-enviromentally friendly caffeine distributor approved for home use, ever.. Individual plastic cups (with I think fiberglass cigarette filters inside, not positive though), non recyclable..

But its delicious.. I'll take a couple degrees of global warming for that convenience, thanks. I am not upset it has only snowed like twice in the past two winters.. In fact, I'm kind of proud of that fact.. You can personally thank my coffee consumption for that..

They have a Peets in the Financial District up here in Boston..

What about coffee beer? Is that something baruch and runjim can agree on? Agree to disagree on?

The workers in Starbucks are decidedly hipster.. I don't just hate Starbucks, I LOATHE Starbucks... I completely agree with that Fritalian D&D ad.. Bunch of secret handshaking mofos..

Back in the day Au Bon Pain had Peets, it was soooo good. I don't understand why they dropped it.

The most hipster coffee shop ever was the Green Mountain Cafe in Portland, Maine. I lived in that place in 1993. Sadly I think Green Mountain is only available in gas stations and in those little cups like TheAnk uses now.

I miss Portland.

Back in the day Au Bon Pain had Peets, it was soooo good. I don't understand why they dropped it.

The most hipster coffee shop ever was the Green Mountain Cafe in Portland, Maine. I lived in that place in 1993. Sadly I think Green Mountain is only available in gas stations and in those little cups like TheAnk uses now.

I miss Portland.

Starbucks is to strong and to hot. way to hot...they should give you a cup of ice to use after you burn your mouth and lips....But in CA they are everywhere and always clean and have bathrooms. which are clean...

the coffee is good if you have to stay awake for the next 12 hours...Otherwise I prefer DD weaker coffee or tim hortons no line no wait drive thru.

Archived