Providence Dining Experiences and Reviews

Garris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its horrible.. That guy who owns that, the hotel and the pizza joint.. Doesn't know food.. The waitstaff think they are on Rodeo Drive waiting to be discovered.. But the bottled beer is good.. So they got that going for them, which is nice.. I used to hit Dolce Vida after work when I worked in RI.. It was good for that, but nothing more.. I'm a little surprised cotuit, living where you live you've never been there..

I love Fed Hill, but since my Growing Up Gotti blowout wig is at the cleaners, I haven't been in a while:

bl-gottiboys1.jpg

On Fed Hill, Tammany Hall always pleasantly surprises me.. It stinks a little bit like stogies, but they have flat screens in each booth and the food is surprisingly good..

I got a room for my mom and step dad @ that hotel to come visit.. The whole place stunk like old ladies who chain smoke newport hockey sticks and looks like it was a set from Good Fellas..

But not the pleasant old time "The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me Era Good Fellas", it looks like the "Over The Top Straight Up 80s Remote Control Entertainment Center Good Fellas"..

Also, the reception room is so wierd; looks like the same thing as an asian massage parlor entrance.. Not that I've ever been to one of those places, but I saw Rush Hour 2, so...

I just gorged myself on Crown Fried Chicken. So. Damn. Tasty. Mashed potatoes and gravy are wallpaper paste like KFC (which I actually kinda dig) but the chicken itself is awesome and tasty and cheap ($20 for 15 pieces, mashed, rolls, and some macaroni salad). Gettolicious.

i just had a rehearsal dinner at local 121. it couldn't have been any better. the event coordinator, jen, was absolutely fantastic and very attentive to our needs. our servers (i don't remember their names) were awesome. josh even came down and asked how things were at the end. the food was very good. it was all family style, which was a nice break from super formal meals. we had a pork shank which was super tasty and peeled right off the bone. there was a scallop dish that was cooked perfectly, and there was a pasta dish that was awesome. i couldn't have asked for a better night.

Ok, so Friday is my 10th wedding anniversary. I just got a room at the Hotel Providence on priceline for $90 which will be a surprise for the Mrs. We havent spent a night alone without kinds in, uh, 7 1/2 years. Anyhoo, Suggestions for best romantic dinner downtown? Is the new La Laterie spot open? I needs to get my suave on.

Ok, so Friday is my 10th wedding anniversary. I just got a room at the Hotel Providence on priceline for $90 which will be a surprise for the Mrs. We havent spent a night alone without kinds in, uh, 7 1/2 years. Anyhoo, Suggestions for best romantic dinner downtown? Is the new La Laterie spot open? I needs to get my suave on.

Archived