Providence Dining Experiences and Reviews

Garris

Well last night the missus said that she didnt want to go anywhere too fancy (and she knows nothing of the room at Hotel Pvd) so maybe I'll scale it back. Would I def need a reservation for a later seating at Gracies if I wanted to play it by ear? To be perfectly honest I think burger king would be fine by her as long as it was being eaten in a nice hotel room with no kids :-)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well last night the missus said that she didnt want to go anywhere too fancy (and she knows nothing of the room at Hotel Pvd) so maybe I'll scale it back. Would I def need a reservation for a later seating at Gracies if I wanted to play it by ear? To be perfectly honest I think burger king would be fine by her as long as it was being eaten in a nice hotel room with no kids :-)

Loie Fuller? sp? We went Sat night.. I'm a fan.. We were kind of casual and early, so I asked if we were too casual. The hostess laughed. Sat down for a good meal; Raclette appetizer, TheAnk got the lobster special, the lady got the cheese plate and a couple sides.. Good times, great setting... Great service.. Hidden gem..

Went to the Temple last Friday and I did feel like I was at church or in a library. An ok restaurant. Not to busy for a Friday. Very friendly but young staff, manager sat down and asked us where we were from and mentioned they will be starting a brunch soon on wknds.

Food was also ok lamb steak was rare, as was Tuna which was not how we ordered it. Sweat potatoes were very good. this is a quiet place, no music, some noise from a private party in a side room.

Could use something to liven it up some pictures, some music, maybe a piano player as you decend the stair case.

They do have a long bar on one side and a dark, side room lounge where there is the paid grafitti tags on the walls.

A nice place for a quiet night out.

Went to Waterman Grille last week to try out their new outdoor seating. Very nicely done wraparound porch with views of the bridge and water (which is only so-so, in that across the water is some beat looking stuff). Wife's scallops were tremendous, the wood grilled flavor was excellent. My fish was good, although not as good as the scallops. Server was excellent, although it took a little bit for him to get over to us. Good time all around.

• 2 weeks later...

Olneyville New York System will be adding a third location (Plainfield St, Prov.; Reservoir Ave., Cranston)

"We will be opening our 3rd restaurant in North Providence at 1744 Mineral Spring Ave, across the street from the former Rizzo Ford and the future Lowe's Home Improvement. This location will feature a drive-thru where you will be able to get our famous hot wieners and all of our other favorites fast and easy!!!"

http://www.olneyvillenysystem.com/home.asp

Its the former Rita's Water Ice location, which I believe lasted less than a year. I think a Quiznos has come and gone in that same plaza, as well.

Olneyville New York System will be adding a third location (Plainfield St, Prov.; Reservoir Ave., Cranston)

"We will be opening our 3rd restaurant in North Providence at 1744 Mineral Spring Ave, across the street from the former Rizzo Ford and the future Lowe's Home Improvement. This location will feature a drive-thru where you will be able to get our famous hot wieners and all of our other favorites fast and easy!!!"

http://www.olneyvillenysystem.com/home.asp

Its the former Rita's Water Ice location, which I believe lasted less than a year. I think a Quiznos has come and gone in that same plaza, as well.

Archived