Providence Dining Experiences and Reviews

Garris

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait I'm a hipster? But I wear clean loose fitting clothes, hate patcholi and weigh 195 lbs, surely I don't qualify.

I'll second the hatred of Tim Hortons, I decided to be different and bring them into my work the day it was my turn to bring donuts last year and everyone hated hated them so much I am still ridiculed to this day.

I was in the Starbucks at the Hilton for about 20 minutes this morning trying to get an ice coffee, I go there when the DD near the arch on Parking Lot Hill has a line out the door because the Starbucks is always empty. I was the second person in line, there were three people behind the counter, and it took FOREVER, for me to get an ice coffee. They haven't mastered the art of waiting on more than one person at a time (meanwhile the girls at DD are taking orders from people 4-5 back in the line). I finally get my ice coffee, go to the counter to fix it and there is no cream, no milk, no skim milk, no soy... There were 3 people working, the store was empty, and no one was on top of that?

Maude I hate Starbucks.

The Tim Horton's on Douglas Ave. across from stickey fingers it not bad. Usually thru the drive thru in under two minutes. they ahve a decent fruit muffin and the hot coffie has grown on me. the iced coffie is not as good. And perky help there who speak native english.

Just came back from an amazing meal at Sura (thanks to the Ank for the reminder of how good this place is!).

We had pork belly and spicy chicken bulgogi, fried dumplings, some sushi, and soju, which is a Korean distilled beverage that differs from saki in that it is not solely made from rice. In soju the rice is supplemented by other starches including sweet potato, tapioca, wheat, barley and/or potato. I thought it was sweeter than sake, and I actually liked it better!

This place is wonderful. I don't know why it is not packed - it can only be because it is tucked away in suburbia out in Johnston, where people are probably more interested in pizza and Italian food.

This place is wonderful. I don't know why it is not packed - it can only be because it is tucked away in suburbia out in Johnston, where people are probably more interested in pizza and Italian food.

According to news on Chowhound, Restaurant Oak on Hope Street near Hope Village has been sold to the owners of the Florentine Grill. As my experiences at Oak have always been mixed (some good dinners, terrible brunches, poor service around the clock, and generally not living up the potential of its great dining space and location) I hope things will improve. Early reports suggest that it has.

My wife is a big fan of the India on Hope Street, but mostly because they do a healthier version of the dishes (less cream and ghee). I think they have done a very good job with the design of the place, both indoor and out, have very good service, but I really miss traditional Indian food whenever I eat there.

Archived