Centennial Tower

eandslee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not sure if this info. has been posted yet....

What I find interesting in the Richmond condo market is that we have created many different levels of luxury. We actually have to describe the "luxury" to set it apart from just "luxury"...Ultra_Luxury.

I am not posing "neg" against TBurban, it just shows how the "high end" condo market, really was not that high end at all. Now you see high end being built and they are forced to use different words to describe their product, since "luxury" was dumbed down by previous builders failed attempts at "luxury". :rofl:

Hahaha. Luxury is luxury is luxury is high end.

Thanks Tommy for posting the above occupancy plan for Centennial; I had forgot it was burried in here.

Thatguy, I am so glad that you contribute here. I hope you will find many reasons to continue sharing your observations about the area.

Incidentally, some of us call TBurban Tommy because that's how he started out tagging himself here. Besides we are super fond of him. :thumbsup:

Here's hoping the Centennial Towers project gets underway soon and does not ask for city help as did Granby Towers in Norfolk.

By the way, apparently after Norfolk City Council gave the financial nod, serious work is beginning on Granby. It is a Buddy Gaddams building. Mr. Gaddams was behind the conversion of the Nolde property in Church Hill. Has anyone heard how sales are going with those condo units?

Richmond doesn't provide tax incentives to any projects downtown?

Sure they do. But rarely to totally private endeavors in amounts Granby sought. Proffers are offered to lure businesses to the City, such as Mead WestVaco, and financial assistance is invested in quasi public/private projects such as the Convention Center, The Coliseum and Richmond CenterStage. Also, the City aids VCU in awarding property rights and street-closings for the university's expansion plans.

Coupe can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of amounts as high as $22 million going to private development downtown.

Office space in the CBD exceeds eight and a half million square feet which I assume is taxable; but State owned properties, probably nearing the same square footage, pay nothing to the city.

Some more news. Fu Kim will be vacating their space next Wednesday. This is according to the restaurant owner. Unfortunately he plans to close permanently, but plans to open an Asian Store in the future.

I spoke with a representative from the Food Team who indicated that they plan to move next week as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am interested in moving to this place. What an awesome location! I did inquire on the progress and floorplans from the real estate agents for the project and got these responses:

Subject: RE: floor plans available?

"Not yet! I will keep your information for the release of plans & prices. I look for them to start releasing info once they have completed the demolition which will start by the end of March. (Since that is by an outside contractor, we don't have much control of the timing)"

"As soon as our floor plans are available, we will notify you directly. In the meantime, feel free to contact Hometown Realty, anytime and we would look forward to you joining us at Centennial Tower and calling it home in the future."

I am interested in moving to this place. What an awesome location! I did inquire on the progress and floorplans from the real estate agents for the project and got these responses:

Subject: RE: floor plans available?

"Not yet! I will keep your information for the release of plans & prices. I look for them to start releasing info once they have completed the demolition which will start by the end of March. (Since that is by an outside contractor, we don't have much control of the timing)"

"As soon as our floor plans are available, we will notify you directly. In the meantime, feel free to contact Hometown Realty, anytime and we would look forward to you joining us at Centennial Tower and calling it home in the future."

Thanks vascudder... good to hear that demolition will begin at the end of the month. I think everyone is looking forward to seeing signs of this project moving forward! Can't wait to see how it will add to our skyline. :D

From the RTD...

Centennial Tower: Goodstein Development project could feature one level of retail, two levels of office, four levels of hotel, two levels of furnished corporate suites and 11 stories of condos. Groundbreaking set for later this year with occupancy in 2009.

Let's keep our fingers crossed in hopes the condo market will revive and Centennial can fill those proposed 11 stories of residential.

Welcome to Urbanplanet, vascudder. Here's hoping we see lots of postings from you.

Goodstein is a class act. They have some great properties here in Manhattan as well as in the Hamptons.

I don't recall reading that Centennial would have a pool. That's a great addition.

Now, if that other New York company, Bowtie, would just get a move on and start on Jefferson Square a block west of Centennial.

Did you know, vascudder, that Bowtie is planning cinemas, commercial and residential in the entire block of 3rd, 4th, Main and Cary?

Well all rental tenants are now gone. The only tenant left is Goodstein themselves. I hope demo will start soon.

Welcome back, Shak. We missed your up-dating reports.

What is this about Centennial's web site being down? I hope they are just rebuilding it.

Archived