Centennial Tower

eandslee

I can't wait to look out of the window of my office at the James Center and see that thing rising up to the West. That would really fill a visual void looking west down Cary Street from downtown and really close-in and define the downtown area a bit more. Maybe I'll have a better camera by then to take pictures to post when they're up to 10 stories or so and I can start to see it.

I can't wait to look out of the window of my office at the James Center and see that thing rising up to the West. That would really fill a visual void looking west down Cary Street from downtown and really close-in and define the downtown area a bit more. Maybe I'll have a better camera by then to take pictures to post when they're up to 10 stories or so and I can start to see it.

At the slow pace things are moving, jbjust, the next thing rising west of James Center other than Centennial may be William/Mullens on the triangle. :whistling:

Either, or both, would be a visual treat from your window.

Everyone's impatient because this building was announced so far in advance from when work is intended to begin.... so the pace might not be so slow after all. I noticed that Goodstein ditched hometown realty for residential sales in favor of Keller Williams. I agree that it would achor the west end of downtown nicely and improve the visual gateway heading into downtown from the west..

Everyone's impatient because this building was announced so far in advance from when work is intended to begin.... so the pace might not be so slow after all. I noticed that Goodstein ditched hometown realty for residential sales in favor of Keller Williams. I agree that it would achor the west end of downtown nicely and improve the visual gateway heading into downtown from the west..

I wouldnt view it so much as a gateway, more of an extension. A sign of growth. Who knows where the next large tower will be, more than likely moving out of the CBD and past centennial, and along the tobacco front. Also possible in Jemals realm.

This is one project I'm not impatient about. I'll get built and that works for me since so much gets cancelled. This actually is a go.

I'd rather have towers in downtown and Manchester than anywhere else in the city.

You will have plenty more to see when and if the James Center expansion moves forward. I wish all at once.

I will try to call Goodstein and find out some more. As matter of, fact I am past due to call and say hi. :thumbsup:

I thought I read somewhere on this thread that they saw the parking meters removed. I was at the site Saturday and the meters were still there. The permanent power for the buildings to be demo'ed has been disconnected by Dominion.

Also the permit to install the construction barrier has expired with no barriers installed. Yikes!!! This is now two permits that have expired with no work. This first was the asbestos abatement permit. I wonder if the slow response of the city doing their part with utilities and parking meter removal has anything to do with it.

You see!!! We can always count on the Wilder administration!!!

I thought they meant water/gas meters. The parking ones are still there, yes.

It was the water and gas meters. And it is the Utilities that is delaying the project. Just this past weekend the crews were out disconnecting the water meters in the street since traffic volume was less. I would think given Capital Ale House's experience with the city utility crews, it would be safe to assume that Centennial has recieved an extension on their permits.

Can anyone tell me what the city is installing on 5th St around Brown Island... it is a gravity sewer line or a bigger water line for both Centennial and MeadWestVaco?

It was the water and gas meters. And it is the Utilities that is delaying the project. Just this past weekend the crews were out disconnecting the water meters in the street since traffic volume was less. I would think given Capital Ale House's experience with the city utility crews, it would be safe to assume that Centennial has recieved an extension on their permits.

Can anyone tell me what the city is installing on 5th St around Brown Island... it is a gravity sewer line or a bigger water line for both Centennial and MeadWestVaco?

Maybe they're trying to find a heavy enough flow to supply the dry fountain at the foot of 7th Street. Perhaps when that is achieved, they'll raise flags on those three naked poles to celebrate. :lol:

Shouldnt they have just given the existing system a 'blue pill'? Or were they two worried that those polls might stand erect for longer than 4 hours and they would have to call a sewer doctor?

^^^ :rofl:

burt, is your real name "BOB" ?

Edited by Shakman

This is not really related to Centennial Towers except it references another of their properties. Presidential Court Club, which they own, is reported as 70% sold with move-in scheduled for September. This property is in the 200 block of West Franklin at the corner of Madison and is a restoration of the old Dooley mansion, circa early 19th Century.

The Doubletree Hotel is diagonally across Franklin and the Jefferson Hotel is one block east.

Burt, the Court Club was ready for move-in in September 2006. Since that is very old news, I'm wondering if the 70% is old news as well. Did you see it in one of their Richmond Mag ads? They just updated their website which up until last week still mentioned Sept. 06 and 70%

Burt, the Court Club was ready for move-in in September 2006. Since that is very old news, I'm wondering if the 70% is old news as well. Did you see it in one of their Richmond Mag ads? They just updated their website which up until last week still mentioned Sept. 06 and 70%

Mmmmm. I got this info just today from one of those flashing pop-up ads on Richmond.com's home page. I thought it sounded a bit dated, but figured if it was there it must be current.

Have you heard any updated info?

Mmmmm. I got this info just today from one of those flashing pop-up ads on Richmond.com's home page. I thought it sounded a bit dated, but figured if it was there it must be current.

Have you heard any updated info?

Im not sure anyone is in there yet, Ive been walking by that place with my wife in the afternoons and they dont look occupied from the street, but I could always be wrong.