Centennial Tower

eandslee

Where have you guys been? They've demo'ed and are already on the 3 floors up with steel erection.

Haha.

Not really, but less than 4 weeks ago, Goodstein said expect something in 4-6 weeks. Patience :lol:

When I first began reading your post, I was believing your words and saying to myself, "Where have I been? How come I didn't know about this?" So, you got me there Coupe! :blush: What a funny guy you are! ha ha

OK so I'm not a patient guy. You mean to tell me that it was only 4 weeks ago that he said that??? Gee, seems like it was more like 8 weeks ago! Gosh, I've really gotta learn to keep better track of time!

When I first began reading your post, I was believing your words and saying to myself, "Where have I been? How come I didn't know about this?" So, you got me there Coupe! :blush: What a funny guy you are! ha ha

OK so I'm not a patient guy. You mean to tell me that it was only 4 weeks ago that he said that??? Gee, seems like it was more like 8 weeks ago! Gosh, I've really gotta learn to keep better track of time!

DITTO!! :rofl:

I took thier response of "He indicated that asbestos removal will be starting VERY soon and that the structures will be demo'ed in about 4 to 6 weeks", that the demo would begin in late May to early June, which would mean the abatement would be going on now. I know what he said was not the official schedule, but it will take time to do the abatement...so the 4-6 weeks demo is long past from 4 weeks ago.

Oh well, they will get it done, I'll just have to wait a little more.

*edited for spelling

Edited by thatguy

• 2 weeks later...

same here Tommy. I hope its very true :D. I'd like to see it grow even more during construction IF THE MARKET GETS BETTER. Lets hope it does and grows more.

I am surprised they have not started pre-sales for the condo units.

• 1 month later...

June 21 and nothing has happened...any word?

Yea, Guy, these things always take longer than expected. Look at the delays they are experiencing with Granby Tower in Norfolk.

Coupe said he had heard that serious work would begin before the end of June. We still have 10 days!

I also suspect that after the fiasco of the "demo" tower rendering for the triangle block, all of us will be somewhat circumspect about predictions. :whistling:

I've just noticed that Goodstein's "Welcome Home" ad in the May number of Richmond Magazine has favorably doctored Centennial's image since the last copy I saw in November of '06. There's more glass cascading partially down the front, and in counting the floors, including the crowns on top, I come up with at least 23.

Add in any information the ad specifies too... THANKS!

I don't know how to scan. It's the same ad that appears every month in the first few pages of Richmond Magazine. Full page, showing images of Presidential Court Club at 212 West Franklin; The Links at Virginia Center, and Centennial Tower. At the bottom of the ad, it reads: "Quality Projects by: Goodstein Development Corporation".

I don't subscribe, but I have a November '06 issue and both the May and June issues of '07, and there is the difference I pointed out in the November and June ads -- very subtle, but you'll know it when you see it if you have the issues from as far back as November and the current copy.

Edited by burt

Is it the same rendering posted on their website for some time now or different??

(larger version)

while on the way to lunch yesterday, I noticed where the meters had been ripped up from the sidewalk.. only gravel was used to fill in.

I saw that too on my walk last night... and they removed all the trees in that area... wish they could have found a way to preserve them. They still havent disconnected the water lines as of yet. And it stinks that they kicked out my chinese restuarant there. I wish they could have moved over to the hair stylists place since their building isnt being demoed.

Coupe, the pic you just posted is the same as in the current Richmond magazine. But it is different from the one I saw in the November issue which is actually the two-tower rendering.

If you count the "humps" on top, I get 22 (or possibly 23) stories. How many do you count?