Big News For Little Rock National Airport

I flew in DL's ERJ-145 to Orlando last year, and it was a very pleasant experience. Albeit I had a front row seat with all the leg room in the world. I am 6'2", and leg room is a priceless commodity. The ride was smooth, comfortable, and quiet. Walking down the isle caused me to duck my head, but in my seat... things were just fine. I've never ridden in one of the CRJ's, but I've heard several others complain about the window height.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dassault Falcon Jet has two items before the Little Rock Planning Commission. The first is for a two-bay, 20,000 square foot Flight Line hanger and the second is for a three-bay, 66,000 square foot paint and prep hanger with office space. Currently, the Dassault Falcon complex consists of 713,000 square feet of hangars, shops, and offices. This should be an easy approval, as the company is a major employer and a major source of pride for Little Rock.

Not neccessarily related to development, but probably of interest to the airport crowd nevertheless...

Memphis Could Control Some LR Nat'l Airport Approaches

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=46329

Pilots planning a landing at Little Rock National Airport could someday be directed in early approach stages by air-traffic controllers at Memphis, Tennessee. The Federal Aviation Administration says it is studying whether some of Little Rock's air-traffic control work should be handled by controllers at the Memphis International Airport.

The terminal radar approach control -- also known as TRACON -- at the Little Rock airport is one of several nationwide that the FAA is considering consolidating with larger, neighboring airports. Roland Herwig, a spokesman for the FAA's southwest region, says that, if any consolidations are made, air traffic safety will not be compromised.

U.S. Senator Mark Pryor of Arkansas says the FAA must conduct public hearings and publish standards that justify the merger if it is to go forward.

Dassault Falcon Jet has two items before the Little Rock Planning Commission. The first is for a two-bay, 20,000 square foot Flight Line hanger and the second is for a three-bay, 66,000 square foot paint and prep hanger with office space. Currently, the Dassault Falcon complex consists of 713,000 square feet of hangars, shops, and offices. This should be an easy approval, as the company is a major employer and a major source of pride for Little Rock.

Saw today in the AR Dem Gaz that LR lost the direct flight to DC to Atlanta on Air Tran. How many direct flights are there from Atlanta to DC. More than there are from LR.

Also some airport commisioners are going to visit new terminals to get ideals about a possible new terminal in LR. One that has been successful and one that is not living up to its promises.

Saw today in the AR Dem Gaz that LR lost the direct flight to DC to Atlanta on Air Tran. How many direct flights are there from Atlanta to DC. More than there are from LR.

Also some airport commisioners are going to visit new terminals to get ideals about a possible new terminal in LR. One that has been successful and one that is not living up to its promises.

I think thats the whole reason why United is comming! DCA is much more convenient for DC travelers than IAD. I actually thought Pensacola was going to get it due to their military presence. But i guarantee you that UA would not be flying to IAD if DL got the DCA slot for LIT.

So you loose DCA, but gain a new airline, plus 2 other new flights, its still a win.

On another note.. AA will be adding XNA-DCA using one of their own existing slots.

I think thats the whole reason why United is comming! DCA is much more convenient for DC travelers than IAD. I actually thought Pensacola was going to get it due to their military presence. But i guarantee you that UA would not be flying to IAD if DL got the DCA slot for LIT.

So you loose DCA, but gain a new airline, plus 2 other new flights, its still a win.

On another note.. AA will be adding XNA-DCA using one of their own existing slots.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived