Big News For Little Rock National Airport

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mistake. I made an assumption with the announcement of 50 seats. I prefer the ERJ as well. I'm a sucker for staring out the window when I fly, which the CRJ's just don't allow.

If United were to begin service between LIT and LAX, that would allow a one-stop trip to Asia!

Hopefully that will be the next addition to their service. I've read where they have added flights to LAX from other cities in the region like Oklahoma City and Wichita. They have had United service longer than Little Rock, but this may be our best chance to get direct flights to LAX.

American has a pretty sizable hub in Chicago, so there are many options with connections through O'Hare.

Yes, but aren't the CRJ's typically 4 across and the ERJ only 3? Being 6'-6", I cannot STAND (pun intended) the 3 across ERU's - regardless of the window height. I feel like I'm climbining into the back of a minivan to take a trip!

BTW, I'm surprised Wichita has LAX service - their airport doesn't have nearly the traffic of Little Rock.

Yeah, but not nearly the hub DFW with its every 90-120 min flights from LR.

Most of O'Hare is United and there are a lot of international flights from there. It would open up some competition for international flights with Delta in Atlanta and American in DFW. I'd really like to see a link with LAX to get us to Asia and Hawaii easier, though.

Everybody's been waiting to hear about this Coca-Cola announcement, that's been a hot rumor for a while though I have no idea what type of facility this will be.

Two more is good news, though it's tough to guess how significant they will be. There have also been rumors about Dassault Falcon and Raytheon's suppliers locating near LIT. There's the Indian pipe company that's been floating in the mix for a while as well.

I don't know anything, there's just been rumors about a large Coca Cola facility coming to Little Rock, it's unclear whether this is a bottling company or Coca-Cola itself.

There's an Indian-owned pipe manufacturing company that wants to locate near the LR River Port and for a while that sounded fairly certain. I haven't heard anything lately.

Several weeks ago, I read that the Coca-Cola facility would be a large bottler/distributor, as the company refocuses on regionalization. Coke was sniffing around the Little Rock area for a site to place this facility, but other out-of-state locales were in the running. I believe Tulsa was mentioned.

Another potential manufacturer rumored for the LR Port area is a windmill blade producer. There was actually a bill going around in the last legislative session that would provide incentives to lure the facility to Little Rock. I don

Back on topic:

My son noticed a mainline USAirways taking off today from LIT (Airbus A320). Flight tracker indicated it arrived from DCA (Reagan National in Washington DC) as flight 9118 and departed for Charlotte as flight 9225. My wife noticed in on the arrival/departure screens in the airport. I wonder if this was some type of special charter, or a test run for future mainline service?

Its not unusual for unscheduled arrivals/departures periodically for one reason or another, but its pretty odd since it showed up on the arrival/departure screens in the airport. I've actually emailed the airport to ask them what it was.

Archived