Big News For Little Rock National Airport

So was it confirmed that you guys are getting a Mexico route, or is it just speculation at this point??? If it is confirmed, congrats! This can only mean better things to markets north of there as well as south. I do know that Mexicana is expanding their routes in the US.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So was it confirmed that you guys are getting a Mexico route, or is it just speculation at this point??? If it is confirmed, congrats! This can only mean better things to markets north of there as well as south. I do know that Mexicana is expanding their routes in the US.

Lexy,

Well, its more than pure speculation as Mexicana has approached LR National on more than one occassion about the possibililty of direct routes. But no, to answer your question, it is not yet official. LR National is embarking upon building a new $200M terminal, and it leads one to believe that this would not occur until that is built with provisions for a customs office - though that could be added in the existing terminal.

Thanks. That's really interesting because they have some interesting cities on their website as destinations in the US (of course this has to do with their codeshare with American Airlines I assume). Hopefully they will start to expand their service more inland and not focus on the largest cities and the cities closest to Mexico. Some inland ports of entry like St. Louis, Little Rock, and even Nashville would be a win-win for all involved.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Didn't realize they dropped Salt Lake City altogether. I thought they dropped to one flight to there as well.

To bad ExpressJet didn't have Little Rock on its initial list of cities that it is starting service. Maybe in the future they will add Little Rock to their routing. It would be nice to have non stop service to the LA area.

Question. Would you rather have multiple flights on regional jets to places like Dallas, Houston and Chicago or have less flights on mainline jets?

Hey guys. I read on the Arkansas Business website that XNA is getting a new flight to Miami, FL starting April 11. We need that in Little Rock. Now they will have a flight to Orlando and Miami. Can Little Rock at least get one to Jacksonville or Tampa Bay? LOL.

Delta did apply to serve LIT-DCA (Regan National Airport in DC) a few weeks ago using slots vacated from another airline, hopefully LIT wins

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/p89/445956.pdf

Other routes applying for the DCA slots are US Airways DCA-PNS (Pensacola) , then Airtran for an additional ATL-DCA, Midwest for an additional MKE(Milwaukee)-DCA, then ATA for an additional MDW(Chicago) DCA.

And no offense to you NWA guys, but why on God's green earth would XNA need Miami service? Furthermore, why would LR? Miami is a hub for AA from incoming international flights, but not so much for domestic connections (i.e. Miami is not on the way to anywhere except international outbound).

XNA is a pretty large American City for an airport it's size. Many people said the same thing about the Los Angeles flight several years ago yet it sells out almost every day. There's quite a bit of Wal-Mart operations in the Caribbean and plenty of vendors in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Palm Beach area. I suppose that American felt it was time to add Miami. I don't at all since well over 2,000 people flew to Miami International alone in the past 9 months from XNA.

Again guys, LR still has a flight to Orlando on Delta (there used to be 2). XNA is the one that no longer has service to Orlando.

And no offense to you NWA guys, but why on God's green earth would XNA need Miami service? Furthermore, why would LR? Miami is a hub for AA from incoming international flights, but not so much for domestic connections (i.e. Miami is not on the way to anywhere except international outbound).

Archived