Former Harris Teeter/Bi-Lo on Roper Mountain Road

PuppiesandKittens

As I see that "g-man430" has posted false information about this store on another site, I'll correct the misinformation:

This was built as a Harris Teeter and then became a Bi-Lo.  It was never a Winn-Dixie, despite "g-man430"'s misinformation.  Nor was it a Bi-Lo first.

Adamsgirl2   2 posts, read 327 times Reputation: 10 Advertisements Was the Harris Teeter that was on Roper Mountain Rd a Kroger 1st.  

08-06-2023, 05:53 PM g-man430   Location: Greenville, SC 11,623 posts, read 24,078,468 times Reputation: 3386 No. It was a Bi-Lo.

Today, 03:40 PM g-man430   Location: Greenville, SC 11,623 posts, read 24,078,468 times Reputation: 3386 It was a Winn Dixie.

This kind of false information makes me question everything else that "g-man430" posts.

Edited by PuppiesandKittens
Minor

Thanks, all. Yes, this is minor, but this board (and other ones) is useful only to the extent that people post accurate information.  Intentionally or negligently posting misinformation on social media is not a good thing (not saying that "g-man430" did either, or that "g-man430" on the other board is gman430 on this one; this is just a general observation).

Edited by PuppiesandKittens

4 hours ago, btoy said:

might not have been intentional, might have just been wrong.

I saw it.  I thought he was just joking because there had been some back and forth (HT- Bi-Lo)

My particular memory of that Teeter was it being  open 24 hours too when it first opened. That was during my staying out late days and I lived in an apartment off the Butler Rd exit.. We often would make a swing off that exit after midnight to grab one of those cook at home pizza's from the HT deli . Good times.

I also remember the sideways  Winn Dixie on Pelham that was all brick in the front.  You had to go through a courtyard on the right to enter. 

Edited by vistatiger

7 hours ago, johnpro318 said:

I drove by this week. It’s all bricked up! Can’t be but a couple months out. 

Thank you!  Maybe they had material delays like the new Publix @ Furman.  Construction on that store  had some birthday's. lol I think it's on Year 2 of construction now.  Should be opening  soon.