Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

Currently the three projects are linked. 70 or 100 million won't trigger construction until the whole deal is set (Stadium, Arena, and PAC)

Yes, that's what I was trying to say. As long as the package flies, it is not necessary for the PAC to reach $100 million in private contributions to actually trigger construction, or so I've read.

Yes, that's what I was trying to say. As long as the package flies, it is not necessary for the PAC to reach $100 million in private contributions to actually trigger construction, or so I've read.

... and if the "package" does not fly $100 million means nothing as well. As it stands now, no package no PAC. The only so called "trigger" that I know of is approval of the package.

It looks like PAC & the arena is a "must go" & almost there situation while Citrus bowl just drag along. For now, it is just the political aspect that slow down the process.

As for the tax money that was allocated for advertising CFL, why not ask Rosen to cough out some money to do the CFL promotion for his own hotel empire and use less tax dollars instead of asking the Magic to donate more money for the arena. No politicians has the gut to stand up against the hotel business.

More tax money for advertising = more money for hotel business = more low paying jobs = hotel business flourish. What do local people get out of this?

It looks like PAC & the arena is a "must go" & almost there situation while Citrus bowl just drag along. For now, it is just the political aspect that slow down the process.

As for the tax money that was allocated for advertising CFL, why not ask Rosen to cough out some money to do the CFL promotion for his own hotel empire and use less tax dollars instead of asking the Magic to donate more money for the arena. No politicians has the gut to stand up against the hotel business.

More tax money for advertising = more money for hotel business = more low paying jobs = hotel business flourish. What do local people get out of this?

Right on this is what ive been saying all along.Go Magic screw Rosen

any estimate as to when the projects will begin?

i know there is still some opposition but i think this will get done..hoepfully sooner than later.

last i heard was when david stern said that orlando will host the allstar game in 2010...so i figure 3 years?

I don't think there are any assurances at this point that any of it will get done. Although if you believe the surveys. I would guess that the region will find a way to get the PAC done. Especially with the private contributions pledged to this point.

on Sunday, the guy from Citrus Sports made his pitch to News 13 (Scott Harris? and the lady from the Sentinel). Apparently, the hospitality industry backs the Citrus Bowl improvements more than the other two projects-- b/c there are 3 games where mostly out-of-towners come into Orlando to watch their teams play-- and two of those games are right when tourists start leaving town.

He stated that part of the renovation was the demolition of the lower bowl (1930's iron girder) and rebuilding of it in concrete. yes.

Maybe they should of just dismantled the lower bowl and shipped it to UCF instead.

Shard,

I am hearing its still a little over $50M; any overrun, and be a cosurety on the bond. I think there is less money from boxes and parking,etc.

This same source (which I cannot reveal) was right about the initial offer to the arena and PAC.

Whether they are right on this we'll see. I'm not 100% sure.

JRS, house approves it but it still needs to pass the Senate which they tend to reject every tax break to a sport team.

Monticello, Orlando doesnt have the money to build the stadium, but Buddy Dyer want a minor league. A few of the businessmen in Orlando area wants to bring minor league to downtown Orlando too. Watson, (who wants to give Magic a free arena) should step up and get the Marlins to his Watson land but no news about him acting on that. Maybe one of you guys can give the idea to him when you see him. In my opinion, I dont think the Marlin wants to move out of South Florida even with all these setbacks on getting them a stadium down there. But, I would gladly have a Orlando Marlins.

On the plus note, we have 3 teams now, Orlando Magic, Orlando Predators, & Orlando Sharks. Not sure about the PR Basketball team that suppose to share the amway arena with the Magic.

Whereas commuter rail is looking pretty good - and the PAC is off to an outstanding start in terms of private contributions - I'll be amazed if the package gets approved. I just don't see how they're going to get the five votes. And the revelation of the contaminants on the arena site is not going to help one little bit.

The Knights are doing just fine, thank you. FYI, current season ticket sales indicate single game tix may not exist.

I don't know if season ticket sales will get that far... but they are definintly way ahead of last year. All donor sections on the east side are full and on the west side there is still a minimal amount left with seat selections still going on from donors. I'm not aware of how many still have yet left to pick.

For those of you who want to see seat by seat what actually is sold:

http://www.ucfgkc-seats.com/stand_overview.php

I won't miss the citrus dump one bit.