Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

I'm sure the on campus stadium is generating the kind of exctitement that the program's performance does not actually warrant.

New Stadium, Texas Game, Nicer Neighborhood are probably the three biggest reasons. Also, the seat selection process got people to bump up donor levels (thinking it'd help us keep our seats) and some of us didn't get the section we wanted because of the huge increase in demand and ended up being eligible to add more seats in the lower section that we ended up with. I added two personally (for a total of 7 seats) and I know a few people who did as well.

I herd somewhere that the Orlando Sentinel has reported the PAC has recived more private donations than any other public project in history. Some how I dont think this is true. However if by history the mean central florida/Orlando's history then I might by that.

Has anyone else herd this?

I herd somewhere that the Orlando Sentinel has reported the PAC has recived more private donations than any other public project in history. Some how I dont think this is true. However if by history the mean central florida/Orlando's history then I might by that.

Has anyone else herd this?

Definition of the word herd. :thumbsup:

"You have more money raised in less time with less staff than any other project I know," said Dennick Skeels, a vice president of CCS Fundraising and an OPAC consultant, at a board of directors meeting last month. Very few public-private projects in the U.S., he added, are as ambitious as OPAC's undertaking."

Obviously, somewhat less than an objective statement but they are moving along at a nice clip. Rita Bornstein, one of the chief fundraisers for OPAC, did an amazing job raising money as Rollins College president and it appears she is on her way to repeating that feat.

As far as the Arena goes, does anyone know of any precedent of someone with Devos level of money financing it privately and running it as a private enterprise. Keeping all revenue (tickets, concerts, concessions, etc)?

Seems to me if the country drives too hard of a deal, he could build this out of his pocket change and then keep all the money for himself.

As far as the Arena goes, does anyone know of any precedent of someone with Devos level of money financing it privately and running it as a private enterprise. Keeping all revenue (tickets, concerts, concessions, etc)?

Seems to me if the country drives too hard of a deal, he could build this out of his pocket change and then keep all the money for himself.

There are a few.

Bill Davidson has done it twice. Once for the Detroit Pistons and once for the Tampa Bay Lightning. He did this after fighting with the city of Detroit over his arena in the early 80s.

The three proposed community venue projects; a new Performing Arts Center, a new Events Center and a renovated Citrus Bowl, have not been approved. Orange County Commissioners have stated that they would like public input prior to voting on the projects this spring.

Please click on the link below and sign an online petition and show your support for these great additions to our community. Also, please share this Web site with your family and friends and show your public leaders that you support the plans for Orlando's new community venues.

http://www.orlandocommunityvenues.com

There is a meeting/informational get together tonight at the admin building in downtown on Rosalind Street, about the proposed OPAC, Citrus Bowl, and Events Center project, i believe it starts at 7pm. If you are in favor of the OPAC and Arena come on down if not stay home please.

I've heard good things. How was your expirience?

I saw it on TV it and looked good overall. Depends where you fall on the argument. The presentations were well presented. I thought supporters were well represented as well as the other side. Both sides had individuals that were articulate in their beliefs and had facts to back it up.

i think the meeting went well from what i heard most people that were there were for it, except for the little old lady who didnt want them to fix up the polluted citrus bowl site, b/c she wouldnt go there if it was polluted and she is 91 so she thinks that if you stay away from pollution you can live to be as old as her, she was so funny, and also assured us that the Bob Carr wasnt built in 1926 b/c she was here, and it wasnt, i dont know nor do i care if it was here, we need a new one. But she was cute and funny, but most people favored the projects and now we just need to get the dang things started.

Financing is the major issue. Most people seems to be opposed to the really focus on the Magic's contribution. The PAC has the most support. But financing is a major issue that I would rather not get into right now. Besides that, it should be a go.

That old lady was pretty funny.

Edited by jack