Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

EMAIL I RECIEVED TODAY

I have scheduled a town-hall meeting to provide information and solicit public input regarding the proposed community venues. The meeting will be held Monday, May 7, 2007 at 7:00 p.m. in the Board of County Commissioners Chambers located at 201 South Rosalind Avenue, Orlando.

May???? :dontknow:

Just thought of something, isnt Orlando are entitle to a 20 mil (more or less) fund from the state for a stadium?

I think that is for a facility with a pro sports team, so I guess it would and does apply to the Arena, but not the Citrus Bowl.....

this whole mess is begging to become frustrating to say the least

I hope some one steps up and does something to get these things rolling

if anything, drop the stadium from the deal for now and focus on the other two.

It saddens me to think we as a society have have become so plebian that we are incapable to enjoy fine arts.

this whole mess is begging to become frustrating to say the least

I hope some one steps up and does something to get these things rolling

if anything, drop the stadium from the deal for now and focus on the other two.

It saddens me to think we as a society have have become so plebian that we are incapable to enjoy fine arts.

I doubt that the delays have anything to do with any philistinian tendencies on the part of Orlandoans.

After reading the article above, I just realized that the Carnival Center is in trouble. Do you think the same thing will happend to our PAC?

Just for ref.

Carnival Center for the Performing Arts

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/ae/content/en..._0924.html#msg3

Not in terms of private contributions which, after Disney specifies the amount of their contribution, should bring the amount close to the construction triggering number (provided that the resort tax, etc. comes through).

Not in terms of private contributions which, after Disney specifies the amount of their contribution, should bring the amount close to the construction triggering number (provided that the resort tax, etc. comes through).

I thought the goal was to have $100 million in private contributions for the PAC. I think the $5MM from Darden put it right around $50MM. If 25MM came from Dr. Phillips and it has the naming rights to the overall PAC facility, I seriously doubt Disney is going to give more than them to have the official Disney Box Office or Disney Concession Stand. Unless of course, you think the tipping point for construction is considerably less than their total goal.

I thought the goal was to have $100 million in private contributions for the PAC. I think the $5MM from Darden put it right around $50MM. If 25MM came from Dr. Phillips and it has the naming rights to the overall PAC facility, I seriously doubt Disney is going to give more than them to have the official Disney Box Office or Disney Concession Stand. Unless of course, you think the tipping point for construction is considerably less than their total goal.

I thought I remembered reading that, whereas $100 million is their goal, that $70 million or so would likely be suffiucient to trigger construction providing that the other funding arrangements, like the tourist tax are in place.

I thought I remembered reading that, whereas $100 million is their goal, that $70 million or so would likely be suffiucient to trigger construction providing that the other funding arrangements, like the tourist tax are in place.

Currently the three projects are linked. 70 or 100 million won't trigger construction until the whole deal is set (Stadium, Arena, and PAC)