Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

Looks like we might have some tentative dates for construction of the three venues..from the sentinel

Arena construction, planned for 9 acres in Parramore, would begin by March 1, 2008, and be completed by Sept. 1, 2010. The Citrus Bowl would begin its renovation in 2009 and be completed by Nov. 1, 2011, with work stopping each winter to accommodate bowl games. The arts center would take longest to build; construction would start in 2009 and take nearly three years.

Edited by MaXxlife

Personally, I think that it's great news our local leaders are moving ahead with agreements, plans, and now have set timetables as to when these respective projects will begin. Honestly, I like the PAC idea and designs a little more than the arena; and I believe the Citrus Bowl should be demolished, not refurbished, with a new stadium built to modern standards. Then maybe we'll get an NFL team...are the Jags REALLY happy in Jacksonville? ;-)

To hear all the negative nancies about these projects would make one think that they would be perfectly happy with Orlando remaining a cultural vacuum. There arguments that the $$$ could be better spent on schools, roads, etc. hold no water as FL Law does not allow for tourist taxes spent on those things. Unless the state Law changes, then Orlando may as well benefit locally from the people who come to visit & only stay in the tourist district.

hmmmm

though im happy with the latest anouncement, i cant say im pleased with them slatting the OPAC to be the last of the three to get built.....being as its the most viable with a coulld chunk of the money comming from private donors

furthermore hadnt they said they wanted the open to be by 2009 or 10 or something like that?

hmmmm

though im happy with the latest anouncement, i cant say im pleased with them slatting the OPAC to be the last of the three to get built.....being as its the most viable with a coulld chunk of the money comming from private donors

furthermore hadnt they said they wanted the open to be by 2009 or 10 or something like that?

probably the last to go so that as many private donations can be collected to bring the price tag down???

hmmmm

Yeah, I had the exact same thought. It seems like a kick in the face to the community to put the project that has the most support last. It's almost sending a message that they want to sneak the other two under the table before anyone realizes the city/county can't afford it, and then leave the community to pick up the tab on what we have the greatest need for...

Or, I could be optimistic, and hope that they're just drawing out the design/planning phase for the PAC to ensure better quality.

Either way, this is a step in the right direction.

A lot of it goes towards the debt on the convention center. Well, virtually all of it.

OPAC's design is trickier then the others from my understanding. It is going to take them more than a yr for the drawings. And it probably (more then likely) has to do with the financing. The debt is supported by the CRA and funds may not be readily available until then

A lot of it goes towards the debt on the convention center. Well, virtually all of it.

OPAC's design is trickier then the others from my understanding. It is going to take them more than a yr for the drawings. And it probably (more then likely) has to do with the financing. The debt is supported by the CRA and funds may not be readily available until then

Thats correct.Now as far as the convention center goes wonder how much of his own money Harris Rosen spent on the convention center.Wonder how much money his hotels have made since th cc was expanded.Then he has the gall to complain that the magic not giving enough money toward the new arena.As for me i would enjoy and use the arena alot more for myself and family.This guy is something else!

from what i understand..... the extra penny is already being collected. WHY HAS THERE NOT BEEN ANY "TOWN HALL" MEETINGS ON HOW TO USE THE OTHER HALF CENT?

from what i understand..... it is already being spent on tourist advertising...... which is welfare for a billionare...... harris f-ing rosen. why the backroom deal without PUBLIC input on how to use the other half cent that warped into use already??

the hipocracy of the hotel mafia and the orange county commission smells like lard vomit. throw a doug guetzloe into the mix and it smells like rotting lard vomit.

...... which is welfare for a billionare...... harris f-ing rosen. why the backroom deal without PUBLIC input on how to use the other half cent that warped into use already??

the hipocracy of the hotel mafia and the orange county commission smells like lard vomit. throw a doug guetzloe into the mix and it smells like rotting lard vomit.

This is the post of the week. Well said shardoon :thumbsup:

I have never even seen a rendering of the PAC. I have seen plenty of layouts, but no renderings. Am I missing something here?

Similarly, there is no true design or rendering of the new arena to date either. The one photo that has been used by the Sentinel for it's commentary says "artist's rendering shows a concept that is being used as inspiration for a design of an arena in downtown Orlando". Any info if this "inspirational concept" actualy resembles what we will actually be getting?