Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

Wow, quite a few messages in teh past few days.

All I know is, it only makes sense to run the city like a business, at least when it comes to other business people. We can and should push the Magic to put as much forward as we can, and remind them that it IS a city building and we are entitled to any profits related to other events and even to naming rights.

If they don't like it, they are more than welcome to build a private building and keep ALL the profits.

If it was such a great investment, Devos can afford it and would do it himself.

Also, you never hear a peep about how the average citizen might be able to afford tickets. I would like some type of caveat that some tickets must remain at a certain low price (10$?)

Hey look, Devos spent 20 mil on a CC in Michigan-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeVos_Place_Convention_Center

or his hospital-

http://www.devoschildrens.org/

or his PH

http://www.devosperformancehall.org/

Wow seems like he has plenty to give up north.

Wow, quite a few messages in teh past few days.

All I know is, it only makes sense to run the city like a business, at least when it comes to other business people. We can and should push the Magic to put as much forward as we can, and remind them that it IS a city building and we are entitled to any profits related to other events and even to naming rights.

If they don't like it, they are more than welcome to build a private building and keep ALL the profits.

If it was such a great investment, Devos can afford it and would do it himself.

Also, you never hear a peep about how the average citizen might be able to afford tickets. I would like some type of caveat that some tickets must remain at a certain low price (10$?)

Hey look, Devos spent 20 mil on a CC in Michigan-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeVos_Place_Convention_Center

or his hospital-

http://www.devoschildrens.org/

or his PH

http://www.devosperformancehall.org/

Wow seems like he has plenty to give up north.

they have a few $20 lower bowl behind the basket angle though..heh

They have almost 1500 $10 tix available too.

Hadn't seen you in a while, figured you'd be all over this conversation :)

Anyway, sure they do have pretty good prices on some of the games (although there aren't any 10$ tickets to the Heat games this year I bet), but that's my point, I'd like to see that at the new arena also.

Hopefully there will be!

In my opinion, any mayor would have been considered Orlando's finest mayor during this period of time. With interest rates where they were over his term (and notice how there has been an urban renaissance throughout the entire country), urban renewal in the downtown core was inevitable.

With that said, he has still done a good job in keeping the developments rolling. He could have laid down to the historical society and we could still have an old McCrory's building. That's like saying that the KMart building on Colonial should always stay there, because people in the 80's and 90's will always need to remember shopping there as a child. He has made some decisions that may not have been made by someone else with less of a backbone. I'll give him that, but I don't think we need an arena named after him. I would just as soon have it called the Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ Basketball Pit.

If the sporadically sponsor a free all you can eat BBQ night, then by all means get that name on the building

One can dream

The church said they will let the city take over it but they decide to do the reno as well without knowing when this PAC thing actually get under construction. (according to Orlando Sentinel awhile back).

So does that mean that the Church building with renovations now beacomes part of the PAC cost and will get "bought out and demo'd" or does it stay a church building within the PAC.

Basicaly as it stands the Church will not sell the land. However It will lease it to the PAC for 100+ years and ask for a new 7.5+ million building incorperating into the PAC to replace the one currently undergoing a 7 million dollar renovation.

<cough>

citicorp2.jpg

<cough>

Regarding the parking at the arena, I have an idea, they can integrate the exit of the garage directly onto I4 or 408 to reduce the traffic since it is so close to the highway. People can choose to exit directly onto the highway at the higher level or exit at the lower level to downtown.

100 years? How about 20 when we decide its outdated and we need a new one. Then you can have the whole place to yourselves

*sigh*..... It is a Land lease silly. lease the Land for 100+ years. The building will be kept for a while till the PAC takes shape and then it will be possibly replaced by a new one, with ample parking, and incorperated into the PAC for church use.

Edited by RedStar25

100 years? How about 20 when we decide its outdated and we need a new one. Then you can have the whole place to yourselves

I know where you are coming from. But if we are not building something that will still perform it's mission in 20 years we need to wait until we can afford it.

Don't you think? If nothing else it's not like we're going to need more skyboxes later.