Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this just a conceptual design used as part of a pitch to generate some buzz?

I don't know, because the PAC drawings were out there long before there was funding. Besides, none of the associations/committees would be able to come up with dollar figures without pricing out these buildings. I'm not in this biz, though, so I may be wrong.

Iam prob. wrong but I think the staples center in LA is the most expensive arena yet. For $485 million the new arena here in Orlando could be the most expensive yet. And does anyone have any idea what kind of seating capacity this arena will have when set up for b-ball?

Our 480 figure includes supporting road infrastructure. I don't know if that true with Staples. Really, I don't know.

Regarding the rendering, they had a single rendering for IDrive or CBD. It is conceptual. Can't wait to see what they come up with as a final.

It would be nice if our new arena has some NBA firsts and broke some records such as amenities and never seen before in an arena type retail, maybe like a rollercoaster on top or something- nah im just kidding! LOL. I just hope that its architectual design is stunning and different than the typical cookie cutter arenas around the country. Im sure I speak for most of us when I say what a sigh of relief that this thing is going downtown. Out of all the projects in the Orlando forum this one has got me the most excited and im finally starting to realize how great Buddy Dyer is for this city. I pledge that we all chip in for a gold statue of buddy standing proud in front of the new arena!

Regarding the seating capacity, no number has been reported yet. What has been reported is that the new arena will be twice the square footage of the TDWH, adding things like restaurants, suites, larger mezzanines, etc. But it's not twice the seating capacity. My guess is that it'd be in the 19,000+- range.

So if its 2x sq ft of TDWH, they must be making it several feet high. Should look nice from I4.

Edited by PMWMagic

It would be nice if our new arena has some NBA firsts and broke some records such as amenities and never seen before in an arena type retail, maybe like a rollercoaster on top or something- nah im just kidding! LOL. I just hope that its architectual design is stunning and different than the typical cookie cutter arenas around the country. Im sure I speak for most of us when I say what a sigh of relief that this thing is going downtown. Out of all the projects in the Orlando forum this one has got me the most excited and im finally starting to realize how great Buddy Dyer is for this city. I pledge that we all chip in for a gold statue of buddy standing proud in front of the new arena!

Heck, for nearly 500 million dollars, you'd think that putting a charter or magnet school in the building would be possible as well, specializing in training for broadcasting, sports management, facilities management, and sports medicine. Between this and the Buddy Dyer Darden Performing Arts Center (I think he will get his name on this one, not the arena), on top of what's already in place, the gentrification of Parramaore is close at hand.

Heck, for nearly 500 million dollars, you'd think that putting a charter or magnet school in the building would be possible as well, specializing in training for broadcasting, sports management, facilities management, and sports medicine. Between this and the Buddy Dyer Darden Performing Arts Center (I think he will get his name on this one, not the arena), on top of what's already in place, the gentrification of Parramaore is close at hand.

Move everyone to OBT side eh?

We have too many homeless walking around the city than 5-10 years ago...imagine how many will be walking around 2-4 years from now. They really need to do something about it.

New article in the Senitel today.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

Looks like we will be getting a little more than we bargained for in the new performing arts center. It seems that they would like to including offices, hotel rooms, residential towers, restaurants and shops in addition to the pac. I say bring on more towers! :thumbsup:

New article in the Senitel today.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

Looks like we will be getting a little more than we bargained for in the new performing arts center. It seems that they would like to including offices, hotel rooms, residential towers, restaurants and shops in addition to the pac. I say bring on more towers! :thumbsup:

I'm surprised we didn't make CNN yet:)

Edited by PMWMagic