Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

I like how small-minded folk in the article state that 3 large venues would be too much for downtown orlando. Too much in what way? 3 large venues would actually make downtown a true destination, which is what we're going for, right?

One thing about Buddy is that, like it or not, when he has a vision for something he pretty much follows through with it without regard to other peoples opinions. Remember how quickly mccrorys was demolished, followed by the outcry from the downtown historic preservationists? I hope this falls out the same way.

IMO getting the public too involved can slow things down, and overall do more harm than good. That is of course my $.02.

:whistling: (u are one wise fella)

Now if we could make that fella with the "I love Parramore" logo just as wise, we might have ourselves one hell of a future! Downtown Orlando will now become a Destination! Congratulations Orlando....from an fan across the atlantic! You are playing with the big boys now!!!

p.s. Parramore needs this too....along with the development, jobs, and crime-reduction that will come with these venues. Just throw in some decent low-income development for the poor hard working people in that area. It has to be a MIXED race and income community in order to work!

Dale, I think you are a little late. I just saw a man spray painting the last remaining structure one last time, a homeless guy sleeping on the site, and another gentlemen urinating on a tree. Construction has begun!

That was Cameron Kuhn with the spray paint can.

looks like everything is working out the way we ideally wanted.

Has this been a great year for downtown or what?

you always have to be the devils advocate, dont you dale?

It's precisely the opposite. I do not advocate the devil's dealings.

Now, before assembling a pitchfork-wielding crowd, remember that I'm not protesting this current decision. And certainly I've consistantly expressed a desire to have these downtown.

IT Seems The Magic Are Giving Up More Than Most Thought!!!!

Orlando Business Journal: Magic to give $204M for new events center

Speaking at a press conference Friday in front of the Orlando Regional History Center, Martins said the Magic will give $50 million in cash upfront, $12 million in lease payments and $42 million over the life of the new 25-year lease toward operating expenses of the building.

In addition, the Magic will make a $100 million loan toward the project.

Orlando Business Journal Article

This isin't even worthy of a response.

Sorry native...cheap shot on my part. :cry:

I really do respect your opinion even if we disagree often. I know how much you hate to see money go west....but Parramore is Dowtown! The value of our eastside properties depend on the future of Parramore. Progress.... neither you or I can stop it. Lets kiss and be friends....I invite you to Milano for a cappuccino!

I just wish you were a bit more visionary than practical! Practical is boring. :thumbsup:

IT Seems The Magic Are Giving Up More Than Most Thought!!!!

Orlando Business Journal: Magic to give $204M for new events center

Speaking at a press conference Friday in front of the Orlando Regional History Center, Martins said the Magic will give $50 million in cash upfront, $12 million in lease payments and $42 million over the life of the new 25-year lease toward operating expenses of the building.

In addition, the Magic will make a $100 million loan toward the project.

Orlando Business Journal Article

Half of that is a loan, but still, the project can go forth now.