Greenville Journal contents

vicupstate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That now makes three companies in Greenville making picture archiving and communications systems (PACS). The other two are Agfa HealthCare near downtown and eRAD Image Medical on the east side. Dare I say that the Upstate is becoming a veritable hotbed of medical imaging?

Welcome to UP, RiverWalker. :)

Where are the offices for eRAD Image Medical?

Welcome to UP, RiverWalker. :)

Thanks. Been around for a while, but lurking mostly.

Where are the offices for eRAD Image Medical?

Pilgrim Rd., off Smith Hines Rd. eRAD Image Medical and Agfa HealthCare have been around for a while (and there has been some amount of cross-breeding between them). In contrast, VidiStar appears to be a startup. The principals seem to be newcomers to the industry, and the whole operation works from a garage/basement and a PO box.

• 3 weeks later...

From Dec 12, 2008:

- Trucks and bulldozers are at the site of the Kroc Center and site work is underway.

- City Council will be meeting with Duke Energy to further discuss underground power lines.

- There is talk on the street that 3M will be expanding again in Greenville. The plant just went through a 100 million expansion.

- The Greenville County Recreation District is working on a project in southern Greenville County that could be announced in the coming weeks.

- City leaders are expecting to see some movement on the next phase of Riverplace, which could add three to four buildings.

Thanks for posting these. I looked in this week's edition, but I couldn't find them...

I'm curious as to what the Journal thinks is going to happen with Riverplace? What is this movement they refer to? I feel as if we've heard a lot of things about the next additions to phase 2, but nothing 'real'. It would seem kind of funny to me to be making some noise on the project now, given national conditions... Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly take it!

I'm curious as to what the Journal thinks is going to happen with Riverplace? What is this movement they refer to? I feel as if we've heard a lot of things about the next additions to phase 2, but nothing 'real'. It would seem kind of funny to me to be making some noise on the project now, given national conditions... Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly take it!

Since the article said "city officials exepct movement" I'm thinking it relates to the parking deck, which is city funded. Isn't that all a go? :dontknow:

TBAs for December 19, 2008:

-At least eight groups have expressed interest in the former Port City Java coffee shops in the Greenville area. A court-appointed liquidator will choose the best offer and then hand it over to the bankruptcy courts in a few weeks. A judge then will make the bid public and allow for anyone to make a more enticing bid. The chain's local franchises closed abruptly last month, but the stores are still in operation in other parts of the country and the closures were isolated to the Greenville stores...

-City Council is still dealing with the best way to move forward with its portion of the walking and running trail through city limits. The plan now seems to be favoring retrofitting the section of the trail through Cleveland Park as well as expanding the system down to Lake Conestee in one fell swoop. Finances, of course, are a big question...

-The annual InnoVenture conference is taking applications for presenters for the March show that tries to link entrepreneurs with investors. The deadline to enter is Jan. 29. Several past presenters have secured money after the event. The presentations need to be tight - no more than eight minutes long, no videos, no eye charts...

• 2 weeks later...

The Greenville Journal lost weight and had a makeover to start the new year. I almost didn't recognize it!

This week's TBA's:

• Rey's Market (the deli on Main Street where Venti used to be) are rennovating to add to their bar area already (they've been open just a few weeks).
  • Rumor has it that Cantinflas may be moving down to South Main Street across the street from Wells Fargo (Wachovia) Place.
  • Pickwick Pharmacy is going to add an organic health food line, so you can shop healthy and indulge yourself in a sundae or milk shake at the same time.
  • There should be some news on the Swamp Rabbit Trail between Downtown Greenville and Travelers Rest in the early part of 2009 (an aside on my part: the paving that was supposed to have been complete by the end of 2008 has yet to begin).
  • As expected, several downtown stores and restaurants could close up, depending on the results of holiday sales.
  • Some landscaping enhancements are to go in at the intersection of Mauldin Road and Augusta Road, to help make this gateway into the city look more appealing.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure to check out the Journal's Web site that is launching today at 10:30. It is www.journalwatchdog.com. Yes, Tbas will be on there, but this is more than just a rehash of this week's paper. The site will be investigative news, databases and the like. For example, one of the databases looks at the per capita income for the last 20 years. And I know it's not economic news, but we have a great death penalty database that can't be found anywhere else and is not like anything you've ever seen.

It will update daily, so make sure to check back often.

P.S. One of the features going forward on the site will be updates on some of the TBAs...

Make sure to check out the Journal's Web site that is launching today at 10:30. It is www.journalwatchdog.com. Yes, Tbas will be on there, but this is more than just a rehash of this week's paper. The site will be investigative news, databases and the like. For example, one of the databases looks at the per capita income for the last 20 years. And I know it's not economic news, but we have a great death penalty database that can't be found anywhere else and is not like anything you've ever seen.

It will update daily, so make sure to check back often.

P.S. One of the features going forward on the site will be updates on some of the TBAs...

Sweet. The Journal was one of the only news sources that I read that wasn't available in any form online.

The TBA's for the Greenville Journal will no longer be posted in the weekly paper and instead will be available at this link: http://www.journalwatchdog.com/index.php?o...4&Itemid=78

Here is this weeks-

Jan. 16

City Council is taking a trip to Washington, D.C. in early February that could pay big dividends for the area. Congress is expected to be working on the federal stimulus package as well as earmarks for a new budget. Greenville leaders reason if they are there, they may end up being on the minds of local congressional leaders when it comes time to dole out funds. Greenville has been angling for money to redo Salters Road as well as get funds for a multimodal transportation

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how often these are supposed to come out? I thought they were bi-weekly, but its been a while since the last one.

It comes out every week. Someone usually posts each week's TBAs here. Any volunteers?

I thought the TBAs were going to be posted on the new Journal Watchdog site, but I have been disappointed that the last entry is over a month ago. It was also promised that the site would update previous TBAs, but again that seems to have fallen by the wayside. Oh well.

It comes out every week. Someone usually posts each week's TBAs here. Any volunteers?

I thought the TBAs were going to be posted on the new Journal Watchdog site, but I have been disappointed that the last entry is over a month ago. It was also promised that the site would update previous TBAs, but again that seems to have fallen by the wayside. Oh well.

I haven't been very impressed with the Journal Watchdog. I don't even check it out anymore. Good idea, but it could be much better executed.

I have also been very disappointed in the latest version of Greenville Journal. :ermm: Of course, it was off to a bad start when the crossword puzzle in the first edition of the latest version didn't match the questions. Call me crazy, but I was quite upset after discovering that blatant error. Additionally, the overall quality of the publication now seems "cheap," in my opinion. I understand the need to save money, but the design and content could overcome such money-saving modification.

I haven't been very impressed with the Journal Watchdog. I don't even check it out anymore. Good idea, but it could be much better executed.

Same here. The site is not very well designed, and there have been very few updates within the last month. If they are going to skimp on the print issue, one would think that the online content would make up for it. Oh well.

Archived