Greenville Journal contents

vicupstate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited about the West Greenville tidbit from this past week's. Now, if they'd just get rid of that shopping center with the parking lot, these stores could have much better visibility, vibe, and an extended feel of the current set up of Pendleton Street.

Also, is Andre buying a Greenville home simply for votes?

I'm excited about the West Greenville tidbit from this past week's. Now, if they'd just get rid of that shopping center with the parking lot, these stores could have much better visibility, vibe, and an extended feel of the current set up of Pendleton Street.

Agreed about the shopping center - it's got to go! But the only problem is that would eliminate Shortyz which is in that center.

Those lucrative votes at Thornblade none the less.

I wasn't even thinking about politics when I read the Andre Bauer snippet. I was too busy laughing at the term "fixer-upper". Are there really-uppers in the Thornblade area? I've never seen any.

Feb. 20, 2009:

Peacock Hotel is still waiting on financing.

Greenville is one of two finalists to host a major karate tournament.

The American Institute of Architects will be bringing a major regional conference to Greenville in the early fall.

Southeastern Dock and Door adding a new warehouse at the SCATC (Donaldson Center).

Feb. 27, 2009

Former Port City Java sites on Main St. and Mills Ave. have been sold. Liquid Highway is moving into the former Augusta Rd. location

The city is again trying to pressure the federal govt. to make a decision on a new downtown courthouse.

Plans are in the works to land more low-cost airlines at GSP.

Amazingly, this week's TBAs are posted on the Journal Watchdog web site.

Mar. 6

A new coat of paint and a general refreshing of the building at 617 E. McBee, the former school that was home to Greenville Family Partnership, is under way. Meanwhile developers are planning to tear down an aging home at 701 E. McBee and replace it with new, high-level housing

Heres a more complete rundown of the new one since the last post on UP.

To Be Announced

A new coat of paint and a general refreshing of the building at 617 E. McBee, the former school that was home to Greenville Family Partnership, is under way. Meanwhile developers are planning to tear down an aging home at 701 E. McBee and replace it with new, high-level housing

Also, is this 701 E Mcbee the big old blue house that recently sold, across form McBee station? I hope not, I would hate to see that building torn down, it is a beutiful old house that just needs to be restored.

Yes it is that house and yes it will be torn down. This development is scheduled to get built in its place: http://www.mcbeepark.com/

I don't feel like the big Blue house really adds much architecturally to the area. It's old, but not extremely key in preserving the character of the Pettigru area.

I disagree. I think the house could be refurbished and preserved adding much more character and uniqueness to the area (and still serve the purpose of high-level condos) much better than another run-of-the-mill brick building. With all the talk about greenville having torn down it's old buildings, I would like to have seen this one saved.

because of construction that never took place ... and is obviously not expected to take place any time between now and the fall ... :lol:

Maybe it was construction for Dunkin Donuts. :dontknow: Interesting how the Greenville Journal just said a few weeks ago we should hear some news regarding Washington Square soon. Hopefully it's not bad news.

Archived