Plaza Tower

Florida

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

As far as the eye can see (public) crews continue to drive the piles along the perimeter of the site. I didn't see anyone out today, maybe due to the rainy weather, but things are moving along.

Behind the scenes there is a little action that I'm not at liberty to speak of, but things continue to move along.

As far as the eye can see (public) crews continue to drive the piles along the perimeter of the site. I didn't see anyone out today, maybe due to the rainy weather, but things are moving along.

Behind the scenes there is a little action that I'm not at liberty to speak of, but things continue to move along.

Thanks for the update!! :thumbsup:

Foundation is the word used in the documents we have at work concerning the construction schedule. I'm assuming the foundation work involves the parking garage levels, and the tunnels to the garages. The construction of the tower is surprisingly short so this may indeed involve construction to plaza level.

I too thought this was a very long time for foundation work... but I have nothing to measure it aganst as I was not around when the Modern Captiol was built.

I passed the Cloister's construction site a few minutes ago... and they are still working on foundation over there... I'm starting to wonder if they're building a high rise undercover.

Foundation is the word used in the documents we have at work concerning the construction schedule. I'm assuming the foundation work involves the parking garage levels, and the tunnels to the garages. The construction of the tower is surprisingly short so this may indeed involve construction to plaza level.

I too thought this was a very long time for foundation work... but I have nothing to measure it aganst as I was not around when the Modern Captiol was built.

I passed the Cloister's construction site a few minutes ago... and they are still working on foundation over there... I'm starting to wonder if they're building a high rise undercover.

Foundation work is very important in an area like Tallahassee with a lot of hills (you can tell I am from South Florida). The reason why the Dillard's in Governor's Square has a park garage is to stop everything from slowly sliding down the hill (it's been awhile since I took Geology). They actually had a landslide while building the Governor's Square mall. The Plaza builders have to be careful or Tallahassee might have their own leaning tower ;) (At least this is why I assume the foundation will take so long)

Foundation work is very important in an area like Tallahassee with a lot of hills (you can tell I am from South Florida). The reason why the Dillard's in Governor's Square has a park garage is to stop everything from slowly sliding down the hill (it's been awhile since I took Geology). They actually had a landslide while building the Governor's Square mall. The Plaza builders have to be careful or Tallahassee might have their own leaning tower ;) (At least this is why I assume the foundation will take so long)

What you're saying is very true. Infact, Tallahassee also has to be very careful with the construction of these high rise buildings as to not protrude into the Floridan Aquifer. I learned at an early age that our water table is not far below the surface, and one of the reasons buildings in Tallahassee can't be as tall as they can in other places, is because we don't want the foundation to fall thru to the aquifer, lol. Take it with a grain of salt, but it might have some merit.

So little being done it seems... it saddens me

WHAT! :w00t: Little being done... do you not see the barrier walls that they've placed around the perimeter of the site... they had to bury each and every one of those metal H piles into the ground in order to start on the wooden barrier. Crews still continue to dig in order to straighten out the hole in order to make it more even...

work is still moving.

• 3 weeks later...

Construction of the Plaza Tower condominium and retail development will close the Bronough Street entrance to the Kleman Plaza parking garage on Tuesday. Until Feb. 13, all traffic will have to enter and exit through the Duval Street entrance. During peak times, Tallahassee police officers will direct traffic near the garage entrance, where a lane of Duval Street adjacent to the plaza is also closed. The left lane of Bronough between College Avenue and Pensacola Street is also closed.

Archived