Plaza Tower

Florida

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday When i was driving by the tractor was down in the hole moving around concrete slabs.... it was so crazy... the tractor pushed aside a hige slab of concrete like it was a coke can...... amazing machines......

I want them to have a huge crew building around the clock, all night.

Wouldn't that be great! Non-stop construction crew working 24 hours in shifts. I think it would be awesome, but then again I'd be a little uncomfortable working or living in a building that was constructed so quickly... afraid something might fall on me.

I knowin either the Jacksonville forum they were talking about two projects competing with one another to see who completes first. That would be awesome around here to see two projects say this and the Marriott, or the Tennyson and the Tallahassee Center, or The Residence Inn @ Gaines and 417 Park racing one another to completion. That sounds engaging, and exciting.

EXCITING PLAZA TOWER NEWS!

The biggest Crane to ever roll through this city's downtown will be here tomorrow to be installed at the Plaza Tower Site. It will weigh 100 Tons! Another crane will be used to install it.

TOMORROW TOMORROW TOMORROW!!

EDIT: I'll be there with the camera...

I do... they will be using a 40 ton crane to install the 100 ton crane and if they're renting or leasing this equipment, there's a good chance they'll work around the clock in order to return the 40 ton crane quickly.

I was mistaken when I said two cranes will be used on this site, there will only be this one 100 ton crane.

Second thought... it didn't take Tennyson or Gameday center longer than 2 days to complete the install of their cranes. Being that this one will be twice as tall as the others, possibly 3-4 days?

Absolutely.... can you imagine how this city will look for next year's football season. Cameras will have more than a capitol to zoom in on.

I think you're right about that building on Monroe and College... that spot is prime as far as the skyline is concerned. I think if developed as expected (high rise) it will fill a critical gap.

Any thoughts on what type of retail could serve Plaza Tower... keeping in mind they've already got the Gym, Restaurant (I'm not sure if Another Broken Egg will be the only one).

I think they are going to use Pensacola Street as a drive for Limos and such since this is supposed to be a luxury facility.

Good ideas. You know I totally forgot about segway. They have a location on Capital Circle NE, but I think it would be far more logical to have one downtown, especially near the captiol building (that is where I saw my first segway a few years back).

I also like the idea of a barbershop... and did you say dry cleaners?

I saw a champion segway a few years back... guy was climbing Apalachee Parkway coming toward the capitol on his. I think the idea of those would be aweseome.

What type of businesses go with Concierge?

Off the top of my head, maid service, dry cleaning, limo, valet, fine dining, what about an investment shoe shining parlor... my only concern is I don't want downtown to become too snotty that our average joe doesn't feel welcome.

It seemed as if Tennyson crews were slow compared to Tallahassee Center and now Plaza tower...

Plaza Tower has hit the ground running... I would have expected to see them moving trees still... but most of that was done within the first day or two nearly a month ago. They're moving quickly to get this building up, which is great.

I can't help but think of how the city will look next football season.

Plaza Tower Sales are Strong

Plaza Tower Realty Group Reports the condos are moving fast with over 100 units already sold and all 10 penthouses under contract.

There is the posibility that more units are under reservation but have not been officially documented because the BCOM home office in Miami, which finalizes all sales transactions was hit by the storm a few weeks ago. Russell Sykes, principal agent for Plaza Tower Realty LLC, reports "they haven't been able to get into their offices for weeks".

Tallahassee's next largest privately owned building has been marketing itself quite agressively with billboards all over town. With unit prices starting in the $155,000 range its also among the most affordable of condos proposed for the Capital City, and will likely offer more "bang for your buck" at build out. This building will likely be sold-out by month's end, so if you're looking at buying a unit don't drag your feet.

Building is expected to be up and running by 2007.

Oh, but there is plenty of activity! All I hear in the halls of City Hall is the banging of those steel beams into the ground. They've been at it since Monday. The "crane" we see on the site isn't the crane that will be used for the building itself... but for the foundation.

I think they were mistaken when they told me the crane would be here last week.

Oh, but there is plenty of activity! All I hear in the halls of City Hall is the banging of those steel beams into the ground. They've been at it since Monday. The "crane" we see on the site isn't the crane that will be used for the building itself... but for the foundation.

I think they were mistaken when they told me the crane would be here last week.

Nice, Taurean has got the inside scoop :)

Archived