Plaza Tower

Florida

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts are still out as to wether Frenchtown will be able to recapture the following it once had decades ago. Its slipped so far, there's alot to do, and yes its possible. But signs point to a new breed of residents taking that community over. Not the same cultural draw that once signified the district, but a white collar office community with people primarily closed in thieir offices and homes.

I can literally close my eyes and see the constant trickle of people from the Capitol to the Plaza walking across the street on a clockwork basis. I picture men with blue suits on, carrying a brief case with a cell phone on their ears. I don't really see women in the picture, but they are there, I know it.

I'm still curious about the restaurant offerings... what will the Plaza tower have? I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

From speaking with the realtors selling Plaza Tower, when he talks about people buying condos, it sounds quite a few people are have bought the condos initially as an investment and don't plan on living in it. And it sounds like most folks buying into the condos are professionals. Eventually, I'll ask the realtor for a generic who's who.

We got the impression from Tallahassee Center info that condos will be furnished. That sounds like people would buy for seasonal living, temporary use when in town for games, etc.

I'd like to see downtown transformed into something we here in Northern Virginia, Old Town Alexandria. Old Town Alexandria is a quaint historic town just on the other side of the Potomac River from Washington, D. C. Dating back to 1749, Alexandria

From speaking with the realtors selling Plaza Tower, when he talks about people buying condos, it sounds quite a few people are have bought the condos initially as an investment and don't plan on living in it. And it sounds like most folks buying into the condos are professionals. Eventually, I'll ask the realtor for a generic who's who.

We got the impression from Tallahassee Center info that condos will be furnished. That sounds like people would buy for seasonal living, temporary use when in town for games, etc.

I'd like to see downtown transformed into something we here in Northern Virginia, Old Town Alexandria. Old Town Alexandria is a quaint historic town just on the other side of the Potomac River from Washington, D. C. Dating back to 1749, Alexandria’s riverfront was an important colonial port during the colonial, revolutionary and Civil War periods. Today it is a revitalized waterfront with cobblestone streets, colonial houses and churches, museums, shops and restaurants. Stores like Banana Republic, Pier One, upscale furniture stores, antique shops, Starbucks, several great thrift stores, Gap, and Nine West Outlet Stores, and even a Ross Dress for Less and Deli's are alll housed in old remodeled buildings to fit in with the look of that part of town. Old Town’s has a nice offering of restaurants, and it has a Trader Joe’s, a gourmet grocery store. On weekends there is a lot of activity, and at night one of our favorite places, Murphy's Irish Pub is always packed. Another nice restaurant is the Two-Nineteen Restaurant, with soft lighting, slightly-worn velvet upholstery and crystal chandeliers, like something right out of the Big Easy - with jazz music.

Downtown Tallahassee has so much potential to develop into a city with character, warmth and community - we hope the revitalization works.

I definately think the revitalization is working. I really think the list of vendors you listed are very attractive. It would be great to see that type of offering downtown. I know people would support something like that.

Great updates. I hadn't realized this project had already broken ground.

It won't officially break ground until mid October. For now, they are just clearing things out of the way, getting the hole ready for construction of the under ground parking. They will be driving the pilings the day of the groundbreaking, scheduled for Oct 17. Good opportunity for us neighbors to meet, I'll be the guy with the camera.

I'm sooooooo sorry. I posted the ground breaking information in the wrong thread.

Ground breaking was this morning at 10:30 am. It was quite an experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Russel Sykes and Mr. Baumann (the developer) asked me to be their photographer to take a picture of the development team. I've got tons of pictures from the event, and I will share them with you all as soon as I get home.

-tj

We've all waited so long for this day. We've gone thru all of the postponed dates, and guessing on what this building might offer. Today I heard Mr. Baumann, CEO of BCOM, say this building will have it all. His words were, "There's nothing this building won't have." "Hopefully there will be many more to come (projects like the Plaza Tower)."

Through the eyes and ears of someone who has dreamed of this day for as long as he can remember, those words were as sweet as apple pie. The success of this project will signal a shift in Tallahassee's growing trends. As the mayor said when he spoke today, we currently have 50 condo units in our downtown. At buildout of what is currently under construction, Tallahassee will have over 700 units downtown, a more than 1300% increase. The impact that will have on the vibrance downtown will be noticable almost immediately, and hopefully it will signal a trend toward more urban construction in our city's core.

The press release distributed today says the plaza tower will be a 24 story building. I'm not sure which portion of this, if any, will be below surface. However, it will be the largest privately owned building in Florida's Capital City. To put this in perspective, the Capitol Building is 22 Floors above surface.

Units are priced from $155,000 to $700,000, making the plaza tower, not only the most affordable condominium in our downtown market, but also the most attractive address in Tallahassee. It sits on the hottest block in this city - a stone's throw away from the Florida Capitol Building, City Hall, Across the Street from the Surpeme Court of Florida, directly in front of the 1st District Court of Appeals, an arm shake away from the Civic Center, adjacent to The Mary Brogan Museum (Formerly known as the Oddessy Science Center), the Challenger Learning Center and IMAX, Harry's Seafood Bar and Grille, Andrews Restaurants, First Baptist Church, the Tallahassee Chain of Parks, the Public Library, a United States Post Office, among other things. This is the spot!

If I had the money, I'd buy a unit today. Those with full time jobs and steady income would be foolish not to consider living here, especially if their life brings them downtown for work or business or a regular basis. There shouldn't be a single state senator, house member, or lobbyist that hasn't purchased one of these units, its ideal for them, if no one else! This is the start of a new change in Tallahassee and I welcome it!

Welcome to The Florida Capital, Plaza Tower!

Archived