Plaza Tower

Florida

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More on that Crane install...

DSCF2661.jpg

I was there about 10:30am today... didn't see any crews, so I'm assuming they'll resume on Monday.

I can't help but laugh at how I thought this little crane was going to install the big one. :lol: I'm sorry everyone. I'll try not to get anyone's hopes up like that again.

Those Little Cranes are having a major impact on the Tallahassee Skyline. We're filling in some gaps. Hopefully we'll keep it up.

LittleCranes.jpg

:w00t: Look at my home town! I've been away too long. I had no idea those two new buildings would make such a difference on the skyline. Tallahassee, not that it already isn't, but is really growing more beautiful by the day. I need to get back down there! I miss Tallahassee.

I know, but at least they're back up. Hopefully this will be the first and last time the boards go down.

It surely wasn't the first! We've been thru this many times... and I'm sure as the site continues to grow it will undergo a few more changes that puts it on hold a bit longer than we like...

... and yes Dannie, your hometown is changing.

Plaza Tower Update

SonyShots018.jpg

• What a beautiful winter day in Tallahassee, Florida. This is a look approaching the site from Bronough Street. As you can see there is an orange sign there saying the west access to the Kleman Plaza parking garage is closed. All cars must now enter parking garage from the east side Duval Street entrance.

SonyShots021.jpg

• This is really a picture of nothing. I just took this because I thought Poonther would like it.

SonyShots022.jpg

• Rain really seems to slow down progress on this project. I didn't notice anything right away that was different from our last update, but I haven't really studied the old image next to this one long enough. Just a quick glance, you don't see muich that's different. But crews are supossed to be busy at work on the piping and drilling of the pilings.

SonyShots023.jpg

• I'm posting this picture just to show the tremendous impact this one single project is going to have on our nearly vacant skyline.

SonyShots024.jpg

• Slightly downhill from the capitol, but tall enough to challenge it. This building will not be taller than the capitol, but it will make for better skyline pictures.

Two things I love are palms and construction of large tall developments. Thanks TJ for getting both of those in shot number 2 for me! FYI: that's a sago. Man by looking at your pix you'd never know that it was the first week in Jan. when you shot them. It definitely doesn't look like winter. The only clue that it's not summer is the clear cloudless sky. Thanks for thinkin' of me.

This better be Tall.... im gonna be ticked off if they start the building below plaza level. but I think they are building the parking garage underneath so maybe that will boost it up to the plaza height.

From Plaza level the building will appear to be 220' feet or so, which is about right for a 20 story building, which is much taller than anything else around it except the capitol. It'll be tall by local standards, which is what we want. From the Bronough side it will be 270' tall. I think you'll be on the sidewalk and look up at this building in awe. Its going to drastically change the skyline TD! I'm very excited... I can't wait until its done so I can go back over to FAMU and take a new skyline picture.

the Tallahassee Center had the benifit of a multi-level parking garage already built under that facility. That squeeze is actually causing alot of parking tourble downtown right now. But I'm sure, when all is said and done, you're going to be the one who loves this building the most.

or a close tie with me... i love that plaza, and the view from famu and pensicola when i get out on my bike... ahhhhhhh sighhh ahhh

Good to know you're still on that bike. I've already got a might nice view of the Tallahassee Center and Tennyson from my apt, so I know I'm going to enjoy watching the Plaza Tower go up!

I've got myself a new bike, so I'm out and I'm faster than ever. Pedestrians Beware!

Today I stood over the project site as I waited for my order from Harry's. I stood and watched as the construction crews continued working to secure the perimeter of the site. They were kinda dredging a ditch-like wedge between the metal rods that surround the perimeter to pour cement in to secure the rods in place. As I stood there I had the pleasure of having one of the representivies from the Plaza Tower realty come over and speak to me about the project. I expressed to him my excitment about the project and asked him questions regarding my confusion about the height of this building. Me: Is this building going to be 23 or 21 stories? The website gives me a table of a 21 story building YET there were once 23 levels in the past. Him: Well actually the building is going to be 24 stories, at least according to my count. There will be two seperate levels of retail one at the Plaza level of Kleman, one down on Brounough. There will be two restaurants, they won't say wether Another Broken Egg is one until they secure the Master Restaurant contract. They have a deal working, but the final papers have yet to be executed according the man. But things are moving along swiftly and we should see two cranes in about 2-3 months.

Archived