Plaza Tower

Florida

And don't forget about the Restaurant that they are going to have overlooking the Plaza. I'm a big patron of Harry's now, I might just have to spread my money around.

Soon, it seems, if you live downtown, you might not have to leave it to get food. This will also be great for people working downtown. It would be more of an incentive to bring your company there.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an update of the site clearing taken with better image quality.

DSCF1939.jpg

Blocked entrance into parking garage

DSCF1938.jpg

As seen from across the street

DSCF1928.jpg

A mysterious hole... I think it will be used to carry stormwater away.

DSCF1929.jpg

Clean edge along sidewalk

DSCF1931.jpg

Dumpsters once stood in this area.

DSCF1932.jpg

Another look.

DSCF1930.jpg

A look toward the Gray Building.

DSCF1926.jpg

Looking down from the Plaza level.... this will be about the same distance will appear to be from the Capitol on the Skyline.

DSCF1927.jpg

Where did these lamp posts come from.

DSCF1942.jpg

Banner covers gate for privacy.

DSCF1925.jpg

This one tractor has done most of the work in 4 days.

DSCF1922.jpg

Check that smooth slope

DSCF1923.jpg

Another look down from Plaza level.

DSCF1924.jpg

Another

DSCF1941.jpg

Restricted entry into the Kleman Plaza Garage.

DSCF1940.jpg

The end

Great pictures Taurean! We're leaving now for Tallahassee and will be in Tallahassee 1 Oct to take a look.

We were told the developer is going to raise prices on 18 Oct.

We hope to be able to get in the Capitol to go up in the elevator to take a scenic look at the views. Even though we reserved the NE 14th Floor. We may change our minds for the NW side - just depends if some of downtown looks dumpy or not.

You all make it sound like the Plaza Tower is really going to be a fantastic place to live - we hope so. With all the other condos going up - it wasn't an easy choice.

If I had the money... it would be the easy choice. I think Plaza Tower had some of the more favorable prices, with exception of the early Tennyson prices. Additionally, the obvious fact that its going to tower over most of the entire city is another major plus. I don't think you'll have to worry about downtown looking dumpy... so much more than you have to worry about being able to see what you want to see. I think the North East corner of the building was a great choice.... I think I would enjoy that more than I would the NW.

We look forward to having you here in Tallahassee and hope that your travel and stay are excellent. Be safe.

I'm tempted to go camp out at the top floor of the capitol so I can meet this nice couple. I think this is the neatest thing, having them use the forums to help them make their decision. I want to live in Plaza Tower too. I can't wait until I've got a real job and some money.

I'm tempted to go camp out at the top floor of the capitol so I can meet this nice couple. I think this is the neatest thing, having them use the forums to help them make their decision. I want to live in Plaza Tower too. I can't wait until I've got a real job and some money.

All right - since you told us how nice the SW corner is in a previous post, we changed our reservation from the NE corner to the SW corner.

We've walked around downtown, Kleman Plaza, the Tennessee Center and it all looks inviting. My wife says there a lot of Palmetto bugs - she says what's up with that - lol?

One very nice brick building we walked past was a law office on the corner of Adams next to the

Governors Inn.

I'm glad you posted this. The law office.... was it this building:

DSCF0309.jpg

Thats one of my favorite buildings.

As for the bugs, I guess downtown is inviting to those as well! LOL! :D

Yes, that's the law office building. We'd like to see more brick in Tallahassee too.

Yes, that's the law office building. We'd like to see more brick in Tallahassee too.

I'd bet Cityboy would second your desire to see more brick. I for one think brick is well represented in the downtown area... not that there is anything wrong with that, but there are other materials that we could use such as marble (in use on the highpoint center) limestone (in use on several state buildings) and that smoothed stone look (popular on federal buildings, seen locally on the US District Courts (historic and modern). Glass is also a favorite of mine. I've got to do some lobbying for it in these forums, for it seems Tallahasseeans are yet progressive enough to appreciate the charm that glass brings. :D

It would of been a pleasure to meet you for coffee at the Cool Grindz Coffee Lounge Saturday evening, but we were on limited time. We arrived Tallahassee early afternoon Saturday, walked around, spent the night at the Double Tree and left mid morning on Sunday.

Saturday evening there wasn'tt hardly anyone out downtown - although Andrews was busy.

If the law office building was a condo, the balcony units would be very nice to sit out on.

Brick buildings have such character - like Leon High School. New high schools are bland in comparison.

Archived