Plaza Tower

Florida

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was an art major... and somehow metal became a fine art! (lol, can you tell i am a painter and stone carver... half of the art students are there because they couldnt do any other majors) I learned welding techniques, E's and C's so to say. But I would rather carve a building outta a mountain ;)

Ralph Hurst- as a side note, did the most beautiful stone carvings of birds and fish, and i always thought they would make awsome ornaments for a building. (he has a gallery at TCC) So FLA!

I'm starting to wonder if the Tallahassee Center will have a pool.... I don't think it will but you can never be too sure. If it doesn't thats cool... less in maintnance expenses... lower condo fees... happier residents.

Afterall, Tallahassee is a BUSINESS town, not a resort.

We haven't even started to tap into the potential of the Florida Capital Coastline. Most of it is federal land, but I think its better that way. Protected from the preversion of money hungry developers. Instead we will be able to boast about pristene white sands, and natural landscapes, long after the rest of the state has bored of all of their costal development.

they better get enough moeny to invest and someday rebuild the beaches, because that is the price tag for coastal development... the coast. people came here to get away! now its a destination where few really know what it looked like naturally... i hope i dont forget the beauty of it all...

me either... I'm actually a fan of little development on the coast line. I believe its foolish to put homes and businesses in the path of danger... which is what you're doing if you build so close to the sea... I don't care how solid you THINK the building will be... mother nature can be a mean woman.

I'm sure it is. The Plaza Tower originally had a pool as part of its blue prints... I have copies right here, and there's a huge pool that nearly takes a whole level of the building. But I've been told the developer plans a larger gym instead of doing the pool. I'm not sure of the reason, but word of mouth is maintainence cost would have been high.

• 2 weeks later...

The Many Changes of the Plaza Tower:

First we had this:

70658347013.jpg

The Ads Show this:

BCOMFront.jpg

The Auchter, the builder has this on the website:

rendering.jpg

And I've seen various other models of the buildings... many of which I've had on my bedroom wall.

But here are some other looks at the roof of the building:

With so much to choose from... I'm soooooo confused!!! :blink:

post-3748-1139532115_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532148_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532166_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532180_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532186_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532196_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532203_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532211_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532115_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532148_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532166_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532180_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532186_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532196_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532203_thumb.jpg

post-3748-1139532211_thumb.jpg

We've already been "ripped off" on architectural flares when it comes to the Gameday Center. They better not do that to us on the Plaza tower. I hear now that Ruth Chris most definitely is NOT coming to the Tennyson, so that leaves us w/the Plaza. Can anyone confirm this yet?

We've already been "ripped off" on architectural flares when it comes to the Gameday Center. They better not do that to us on the Plaza tower. I hear now that Ruth Chris most definitely is NOT coming to the Tennyson, so that leaves us w/the Plaza. Can anyone confirm this yet?

Who did you hear this from?

It makes darn good since... seeing as how Plaza Tower will be central to all of the government activity, from Florida Capitol to City Hall and Surpreme Court business. Not to mention the greater density this building will bring. This location could better support a restaurant like Ruth Chris. Plus I hear Harry's success has alot of other restaurants interested in the retail/restaurant space on Kleman Plaza between whats available at Plaza Tower and Gameday Center.

Just so you all know... expect to see alot of these units go up for rent as many of those buying them will only use them 2-3 months out of the year. Short term leases is what I expect for several units.

Back to this Ruth Chris thing... Plaza Tower realty group hinted to me that some big name restaurant had put in a bid for one of their restaurant slots. Ruth Chris is quite possible.

Poonther did you hear this from the Restaurant Association also?

Also... there is a lot for sale across from Kleman Plaza next to City hall... ooohh if I could only win the lottery!!! I'd buy that baby and build the nicest little contemporary building, much like the one that someone posted for the BP corner spot. I remember the Bread Company that used to be over there. My friend's family owned the place.

Archived