Plaza Tower

Florida

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fantastical! 2 cranes for sure?! thatll look good going up

Two cranes according to the representitive. Each on the north and south sides of the building. I'm not going to say its for sure because its word of mouth and I remember what happened last time I talked about cranes word of mouth for this project.

i was winded and 2 minutes away from throwing myself to the ground... if i had talked i might have avoided the accident! lol. Good guys enjoying a good day of work. i am going to start a construciton job i think... so if anyone knows how to be a crewman for plaza tower, pass that info on. I promise i will be the update king if i get to work on any building DT!

i was winded and 2 minutes away from throwing myself to the ground... if i had talked i might have avoided the accident! lol. Good guys enjoying a good day of work. i am going to start a construciton job i think... so if anyone knows how to be a crewman for plaza tower, pass that info on. I promise i will be the update king if i get to work on any building DT!

Just hang over the ledge at the Plaza Tower site and yell out your resume! They'll hire you.

Has anyone else noticed the depth of the Plaza Tower hole lately? It looks like they just decided to go an extra 3 stories down. Looking at it makes me think the Mary B. museum is going to fall into the hole...

TJ - can you snap a pic some time? It is worth taking a look at today...I drove by but did not have a camera handy.

I've been meaning to snap a picture of it but its often very difficult carrying my camera around when I'm riding the bike to work... I do it to save natural resources and money, I'll see what I can do. But yes the hole is much deeper... I was told they would be filling some of it back in, but I know on the side closest to the FL League of Cities building they are already pile driving, which is good progress. I was told they are going to have to drive over 1000 pilings into the ground for this one.

What excellent shots!!! thetoolman is our new camera man!!! No more pictures from me. We've found the real thing! Awesome angles. I noticed that very smooth lower area. That must absolutely be the bottom if they're going to go thru all of that trouble to smooth it out. Thanks toolman, for the pictures, and again great work!

You can see in the two shots with the crane/drill that they are drilling pilings instead of driving them. They are digging a ways down, then filling the hole with concrete from the truck sitting down there with the crane. If they have to do 1000 of those like you said, that is going to take a lot of concrete.

Not as much as the rest of a 22 story building will take though...

Thanks for the props on the shots - what have I gotten myself in to? Since that is even a shorter walk from my office than it is from City Hall, I guess I can take over on some photo updates on the Plaza Tower.

I guess you can... its weird that we probably see each other over there and never know it. I walk up the stairs almost everyday. Today I drove because I brought my camera to take update photos of the projects and I still have the camera in the car. Hopefully my car is still parked at the Florida Democratic Party where I left it (I ran out of quarters!) lol. I'll try to squeeze in a Marriott RI picture, and snap one of the cloisters before going home. Any more request!? :P

I try oh so hard not to request...

Good work Toolman!

I hit DT at about 5.30 this afternoon on my bike.. u guys prolly were heading home by then... if you ever think you see me hollar "SMURPH" and if i am not heading into the wind (my ears protrude so i am deaf in a head wind...lol) I would not mind conversing! I ran into a teacher of mine leaving harry's when i was looking at the buildings today. I love thanking old teachers!

It does seem like alot of people are watching the activity DT, i mean, i saw people clicking the tenny today too?! I was amazed others cared, then remembered the Democate poll online (i only voted once)

I also only voted once... so there must be some serious interest out there... and I KNOW I saw Murphy today... but he wasn't on a bike. He was driving his car West on Jackson Bluff with a Jimmy Johns box hanging out of the window around 1PM. :P

Here's an additional shot of the Plaza Tower from today. A few pilings that were driven sometime before I got off of work.

SonyShots031.jpg

I was told two cranes! All I'm looking forward to right now is the picture I'm going to take when its finished. I want to live in it so bad, but I'll wait for the right time to make my move. I know the day will come.

When I see the metal progress begin... I'm going to be so distracted at work for looking out the window all the time.

Archived