Plaza Tower

Florida

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great looking website.... same worthless information.

just like their old where they don't tell you what is still available.

it might be because they haven't sold so many units. They don't want buyers to know there is a lot of rooms available (if they haven't sold much yet).

• 2 weeks later...

I often look up at the skyline from my Apartment near Doak Campbell stadium thinking all of the excitement has died down. Both large cranes from the Tallahassee Center and the Tennyson are down and it feels as if we've got to wait until our downtown see's more excitment.

Oh, how exciting will it be!!!

Understanding the second largest building ever to grace the skies of Tallahassee is having its foundation solidified right now makes me want to jump for joy. Not even the Florida Capitol has 24 landings... too bad this building sits down hill from it.

I've been watching the crews for the past few days moving dirt away from the site, continuing to drive piles into the ground, and do various other things, as the dust from the construction site settles on my black car. Do I complain? Nah!! It excites me. Soon we'll see a huge crane or two go up for this site and instantly the thrill that we think has been lost from our downtown will show its fresh face again!!!

Tallahassee you have so much to look forward to!

That's cool that you can see all that from where you live TJ. Can you actually see the skyline from inside your apt. or do you have to go outside in the parking lot?

I live 3 blks from Tenn/Monroe and I can't see anything of the downtown skyline inside of my house or outside in the yard. I can't really even see Georgia Bell Tower and that's only a block away. Of course I'm not complaining b/c what is blocking my view are trees and that's fine w/me!

Still I'd enjoy our view for sure TJ!

I'm excited about the height of Plaza Tower too!

That's cool that you can see all that from where you live TJ. Can you actually see the skyline from inside your apt. or do you have to go outside in the parking lot?

I live 3 blks from Tenn/Monroe and I can't see anything of the downtown skyline inside of my house or outside in the yard. I can't really even see Georgia Bell Tower and that's only a block away. Of course I'm not complaining b/c what is blocking my view are trees and that's fine w/me!

Still I'd enjoy our view for sure TJ!

I'm excited about the height of Plaza Tower too!

I'lll post my view later. I have to go outside for it.

I know somewhat of the view you speak, I definatly think its nice. Delivering in that area was always full of surprise SL views (i felt like i had caught a look up a skirt or something when i walk into this gilrs apt and saw my lil cityscape).

I was thinking about the cranes, and FSU really is impressevely birdied right now. Sitting at Stadium and Pensicola... and eyeful-0-fun ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Time flies, i dont remember this being back in the middle of april... its already MAY! well every morning i pass going to work I see a cement truck churning and i peek and can see concrete pilons rising from the hole..... I really just want them to start building up.......... i get excited when building go up... it was fun to watch the tennyson and the tallahassee center.. but once they are up and the finishing touches are going on its kinda slow going and boring.... heh.

I stopped and took a look, and it seems that nothing has happened in weeks. They built a big huge dirt ramp up to the SW corner of the hole, and they have not poured any more of the foundation. Pilings are there, but it seems like those were already there a few weeks ago. No visible progress, but I am sure they are doing something down there all day.

No cranes yet though.

I stopped and took a look, and it seems that nothing has happened in weeks. They built a big huge dirt ramp up to the SW corner of the hole, and they have not poured any more of the foundation. Pilings are there, but it seems like those were already there a few weeks ago. No visible progress, but I am sure they are doing something down there all day.

No cranes yet though.

toolman, i drive by everyday, and can tell u, the pilings have grown... they were once on the floor, but now they keep rising, i have noticed.... besides the base must be solid for 22 stories to stack on top,

For some reason I can't seem to get the number of floors for this building straight. I don't have the final plans but the plans I do have call for 22-23 levels, however, Plaza Tower Realty people tell me it will be a 24 story building.

Are they planning a big surprise? Or am I unaware of something?

For some reason I can't seem to get the number of floors for this building straight. I don't have the final plans but the plans I do have call for 22-23 levels, however, Plaza Tower Realty people tell me it will be a 24 story building.

Are they planning a big surprise? Or am I unaware of something?

Maybe it's one of those stupid buildings where there are 6 floors, but actually 7 levels, like the Bellamy Building. Its ground floor is "0". :P

toolman, i drive by everyday, and can tell u, the pilings have grown... they were once on the floor, but now they keep rising, i have noticed.... besides the base must be solid for 22 stories to stack on top,

I agree after spending some more time looking. It seems that they have created many more pilings. After checking the progress, I have a theory (I am no engineer, though)...

I think they wanted to shore up the foundation next to the museum right away to make sure the foundation of that building was not disturbed by their big hole. Once they got a bunch of concrete there they moved on to the rest of the building's foundation pilings.

Also, they did completely remove the original ramp (or move it) and put pilings on the north side of the hole.

So, it is slowing moving, but it is not crane-ready yet. I would imagine that they will form the entire foundation of the building on top of the pilings like they have on the east side before they set up any tower crane(s).

Archived