301 College Street High-rise mixed use development

gman430

24 minutes ago, GVLer said:

Love this design....hate how the existing building next door detracts significantly. 

I love this building with one caveat; that top is too flat. Put in a taper or two levels or something to break up the chopped off nature and you have a great looking building. Still very nice but that one detail takes away a lot for me.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 1:06 AM, apaladin said:

Is the parking lot demolition still scheduled for August? 

Construction is to start in September or October. Not sure if that means actual construction of the building or demolition of the garage. My guess would be demolition of the garage but that’s just a guess. 

• Like 1

So if construction/demolition isn’t starting until September or October then after the first of the year before we see a tower crane if all goes well? FYI I don’t like construction will start this month or this month. Seems they should know which month. Just seems to leave doubt that construction will start. Hope I’m wrong. 

29 minutes ago, apaladin said:

So if construction/demolition isn’t starting until September or October then after the first of the year before we see a tower crane if all goes well? FYI I don’t like construction will start this month or this month. Seems they should know which month. Just seems to leave doubt that construction will start. Hope I’m wrong. 

I would say by the end of this year. I understand your concern as Greenville hasn’t had the best of history with getting proposed high rises built but the Beach Company has the financial backing and development experience to get this project built and on time. They are a large company and already have their general contractor (Brasfield & Gorrie) lined up. I have never seen a project proposed by them not get built. Just in Greenville alone, they built Main at Stone, SouthRidge, and Canvas with no delays. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, gman430 said:

DRB is recommending approval. The city is requiring a traffic study to be done before any site grading permits can be issued so who knows how long that will take and if it might delay the project. 

Oh lord!! Another delay!! Come to think about it have they not already done that? 

Edited by apaladin

2 hours ago, apaladin said:

Oh lord!! Another delay!! Come to think about it have they not already done that? 

There has been no delays with this project up to this date. It has always had a September or October start date since it was first announced. Whether the required traffic study does lead to a delay remains to be seen. I’m not sure how long it takes a developer to get one of those done. Hopefully just a few weeks…hopefully. The developer might also already be in the process of getting one made right now and could submit it next week. Who knows. We will find out soon enough I guess. I’m sure the Beach Company already knew they needed one. The fact they are going to the DRB for final landscape approval does bode well in my opinion. 

Edited by gman430

11 hours ago, gman430 said:

DRB is recommending approval. The city is requiring a traffic study to be done before any site grading permits can be issued so who knows how long that will take and if it might delay the project. 

Are you referring to the note from the city engineer from 12/13/2022? I assume they've already taken care of this?

42 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Are you referring to the note from the city engineer from 12/13/2022? I assume they've already taken care of this?

Holy crap…I didn’t even notice the date in the email. **facepalm** I just assumed it was new due to being in the updated DRB agenda. Thanks. Makes me a feel a lot better about this project moving forward on time now. I definitely imagine it’s been taken care of. 

Edited by gman430

The state does not allow traffic studies to be done while schools are not in session.  Frist week you can do them is first week of August and then you are in line behind everyone else that ordered one ahead of you during the summer.

• Confused 1