Queensbridge Collective - 1 tower, maybe 2

CarolinaDaydreamin

6 hours ago, RANYC said:

Can someone remind me why Charlotte center city office buildings never go subterranean with their parking garages?  Is it strictly that our developers look for shortcuts and go cheaper on design without a regulatory mandate to do otherwise, or is there something about the clay/underground composition that makes underground garages prohibitively expensive?

There are also many buildings in uptown that do have underground parking. DEC (or whatever it's called now) has a huge underground garage, as well as across the street under the green. I believe the Odell building has underground parking. Several buildings like the corporate center are underground at Tryon but surface at College. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CLT Development said:

It has broken ground, but the ceremony isn't happening until next week.

Where? Looks like just utility work being done in the road next to the site. I don’t see any backhoes or bulldozers on site digging up the parking lot. I do see what appears to be a surveyor in one pic though which is good to see. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thateasta said:

Will the office tower be 42 or 35 stories? Conflicting report between rendering notes and article.

I am now thinking 35 stories for the office tower if that square footage is correct on the office tower as their floorplates are about 28xxx sq ft starting on 10 or 11th floor.  

• Like 1