North Edgehill Commons (8 & 5 stories), 700 residential units, 35,000 sq. ft. retail/restaurant space, internal garage, 6.8 acres, Beaman Motors Hawkins St. site

markhollin

Fwiw, my two cents. Nashville is a city, a good size one and growing at a good clip. Traffic, noise and TALL buildings are what comes with in a city. If these things bother you, then maybe it’s the suburbs you need to live in. 
Just like the old saying “ if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the fire” . I can never understand people complaining about such things, when they live in a city. Growth is to be expected.

• Like 2

IMO, Nashville Next never was. It was a mis-thought brainchild of Carl Dean, the instigator of the Amp that really got Nashville and the State off on the wrong foot.

Nashville Next was probably a good idea, but would be completely different now if they did it again as you have a whole new set of people involved.

Does anyone know if NN is binding? I don’t think Council ever voted on it as far a Metro guideline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the plan now is almost a joke. It was adopted but planning and here is one sentence that is a joke.

By 2040, projections say Nashville will welcome 200,000 more people and over 300,000 more jobs. I think that is understated.

Here is the plan which I  think is already outdated.

https://filetransfer.nashville.gov/portals/0/sitecontent/Planning/docs/NashvilleNext/DraftPlan/next-guidebook-Update2.pdf

If you guys want to discuss the NN plan we can start a new thread and take it there, otherwise we will get back on the project.

I think it is a slippery slope with the added height tied to a lease being obtained. We will see how it stands up to scrutiny, but its sort of a CBA.

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

It past with these stipulations 

Conditions:

8 stories if no grocery store or urban retailer  is not found Bldgs A & B 

9 stories if grocery stores lease is found bldgs A & B

18,000 sq ft  or better at 12th & Hawkins (bldg E) retailer must go in this building.

All parking under ground

Vote 1 no vote

Nvm. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...