Park Place Nashville (2nd & Peabody), 36 story/433' and 32 story/375' residential towers; 18 story/234' hotel

markhollin

1 hour ago, nashwatcher said:

Is the fencing being up a sign this one is taking steps forward?

From what other posters have said, the fencing was up relative to the demo work on the site.  Don't think there's been any official start as I haven't seen the official end of the court action.  Demo was done as not to slow slow things if/when the final go ahead is given.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

10 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Actually yes, 

Downtownresident found it yesterday and the results from the appeals court were the same as the lower court ruling. They found in favor of the Mero and the developers. So more bad news for the folks at CL.

Think it will begin in the next 6 months or think this is more of a long term wait?

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

"It is an unfortunate and sad abuse of the system by three individuals who, despite being newcomers to the area, have tried to manipulate and control the future of Nashville’s urban core," he added. 

"newcomers"?

Interesting.

Edited by Argo

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Grading permit applied for:

375 SWGR T2023097311 - Stormwater Grading Permit 513 3RD AVE S 2ND & PEABODY         Pending

Does this increase the likelihood of the project moving fwd in the next few months?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Selfishly, I'm hoping it doesn't.  Hoping to see something a bit more grand and awe inspiring for that brand than an 18 story building between two residence towers.

Personally I'd like to see the old Sheraton Capitol Hill torn down and the Ritz built in that location-as long as there is below grade parking.

That would get rid of the world's ugliest parking garage and help fill a hole in the skyline.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Selfishly, I'm hoping it doesn't.  Hoping to see something a bit more grand and awe inspiring for that brand than an 18 story building between two residence towers.

Unless they revert back to the original plan!! 
unfortunately, don’t think that would happen, but having the hotel in the 18 stories and the two residential towers all branded as Ritz-Carlton would not surprise me.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Personally I'd like to see the old Sheraton Capitol Hill torn down and the Ritz built in that location-as long as there is below grade parking.

That would get rid of the world's ugliest parking garage and help fill a hole in the skyline.

I used to feel that way, but I’ve come to appreciate the Sheraton as emblematic of its age. Now the garage is a different matter!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

IANAL, but it appears that the Supreme Court has denied the application to appeal today based off of the public record for case number M2023-00498-SC-R11-CV.

Phenomenal news, if true.  Enough is enough already.  I'm sure we all believe in a fair justice system, but at a certain point it just becomes an abuse of the system to continue mindlessly appealing out of spite and eventually the court is just going to have to put it's foot down.

• Like 3