Albion, 21 stories/270 ft, 415 residential units, 5,650 sq. ft. of retail, 364 car garage, 645 Division St.

markhollin

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Albion, Feb 12, 2022, 1.jpeg

Commuters and travelers should have protested this building for blocking their skyline view...  :tw_mrgreen:

Don't be ridiculous...VIEW is not a valid criteria in urban cores this tight.  Over 40 years ago I got off the train in New York and walked a few blocks, then decided I need to pee.  I walked into the offife building I was walking by and suddenly realized from looking at the elevators that I had walked unaware into the Empire State Building.  VIEW there only counts around Cental Park.  You have been accustomed to that as one of two most spectacular angles looking into the core.  Such luxury is not a protected privilege and never will be here in Nashville except maybe the views of Capitol Hill from the North.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

Pretty sure PillowTalk was joking.

Yep.  Though my comment is valid either way.  The criminal apsect of "protecting" this view is  absolutely the subject of all the whiners on the site " I Remember Nashville When".  The vehemence some of these old foggies show against ANY new buildings in Nashville is frightening.   You should have seen their comments about the Sinclair...like their toenails were being ripped out with red hot tongs. At least a good number of them will probably do a high kickoff sooner rether than later.  They are relatively clueless asto the scope of what is happening all over the city.  They just react to each new project as if it is blasphemous.  Sad.

Edited by Baronakim
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Don't be ridiculous...VIEW is not a valid criteria in urban cores this tight.  Over 40 years ago I got off the train in New York and walked a few blocks, then decided I need to pee.  I walked into the offife building I was walking by and suddenly realized from looking at the elevators that I had walked unaware into the Empire State Building.  VIEW there only counts around Cental Park.  You have been accustomed to that as one of two most spectacular angles looking into the core.  Such luxury is not a protected privilege and never will be here in Nashville except maybe the views of Capitol Hill from the North.

19 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

Pretty sure PillowTalk was joking.

Yes.  100% joking.  Geeeesh.....

Hey, I KNOW you  were joking.  Your emoji did not show up on my feed until later.  My reply is mostly based on jerks on other websites that DO think view MUST be protected at all costs and beotch about it a lot every time Haven comes up.  But not how bad Haven is itself.  I initially thought "No, not here too."  Go figure.

Edited by Baronakim