Paseo South Gulch (Phases 2 & 3: 30 & 16 stories w/ 390 residential units, 183 room hotel, 18,000 sq. ft. office, 14,000 sq. ft. retail; Phases 4 & 5: Another 30 story tower w/ 396 units, a 22 story office tower, 1,500 capacity internal garage)

markhollin

I agree there’s a lot of at grade crossings, that totally cuts off neighborhoods. Maybe because there really wasn’t much of a neighborhood way back then when the tracks were built, it’s so hard to imagine Nashville as anything other than what we see in our own time. Plus the fact that when the railroads were constructed , they were granted way to many land rights.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 2:44 PM, markhollin said:

Found these renderings for the third phase of Paseo South (southern end of the property that faces Division St.).  Previously these had been proposed as a 22 story office tower and 30 story residential tower.  In these new renderings, the taller is now a 22 story hotel at 700 Division, and the one on the corner of 8th Ave. South and Division looks to be 16 stories (nor sure if its office or residential). 

Paseo South, 700 Division Hotel, Feb 12, 2024, render 1.png

Do we know if this proposal is in replacement of the last rendition that still showed three new towers (with the office one reduced)?  What I'm trying to ask is will there still be three additional towers or just these two?

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 2:44 PM, markhollin said:

Found these renderings for the third phase of Paseo South (southern end of the property that faces Division St.).  Previously these had been proposed as a 22-story office tower and 30 story residential tower.  In these new renderings, the taller is now a 22-story hotel at 700 Division, and the one on the corner of 8th Ave. South and Division looks to be 16 stories (nor sure if its office or residential). 

Paseo South, 700 Division Hotel, Feb 12, 2024, render 1.png

Paseo South, 700 Division Hotel, Feb 12, 2024, render 2.png

Paseo South, 700 Division Hotel, Feb 12, 2024, render 3.png

I had found the top rendering somewhere a year ago (don't remember where) and posted on Skyscraper City. The source indicated it was a proposal by Southwest Venture Partners and apparently had nothing to do with Somera Road.

Such a cool development! A city within a city with pass-thrus (paseos) that cater to the pedestrians. Utilizing alleys and lesser streets downtown.

Not to sound like a broken record, but Budapest has many pedestrian pass thrus all over its center. I frequently walked over a mile from my hotel to other places and rarely needed to cross major streets. Plus, many are covered and protect people from the elements. Perhaps not ideal for cyclists though, but some of them permit bikes. It'd be great to see Paseo linked to Cummins Station (via Clark Street)... on to the Frist Museum to Nashville Yards... and over to the Arcade via alleys... over to Bankers/Printers alleys and over to Second Avenue and that proposed passage to First Avenue. From Paseo South,  passages could be made to the Gulch too. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Such a cool development! A city within a city with pass-thrus (paseos) that cater to the pedestrians. Utilizing alleys and lesser streets downtown.

Not to sound like a broken record, but Budapest has many pedestrian pass thrus all over its center. I frequently walked over a mile from my hotel to other places and rarely needed to cross major streets. Plus, many are covered and protect people from the elements. Perhaps not ideal for cyclists though, but some of them permit bikes. It'd be great to see Paseo linked to Cummins Station (via Clark Street)... on to the Frist Museum to Nashville Yards... and over to the Arcade via alleys... over to Bankers/Printers alleys and over to Second Avenue and that proposed passage to First Avenue. From Paseo South,  passages could be made to the Gulch too. 

Quite coincidentally, I'm headed there next month.  Will try to grab photos.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Those interiors are gorgeous. 

I like that location the most for good views, out of a lot of new highrises I've seen in Nashville so far. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2024 at 1:15 PM, MLBrumby said:

bdp2.jpg.4158a96a01f43028aa65b390c5f6c384.jpg

bdp1.jpg.d82b0c259aee3130d00dd7a10c78baf2.jpg

bdp3.jpg.7cdec0111447d895cd8684f4b2a1341c.jpg

bdp4.jpg.d6ba1ffda7eb91d7bac8ebefae882a39.jpg

bdp5.jpg.5dd85adc1d5ffe70b792982de74feb0d.jpg

bdp7.jpg.a81d9cc4e986c96b2228674eb3dda27b.jpg

bdp8.jpg.78305e6fbe2a4226c69908cc277f0c46.jpg

bdp9.jpg.2846cdf535ccb906c835b6bb92118b54.jpg

bdp11.jpg.6ffd81715f4a6fd24128c2c7f36c1673.jpg

To your point, there were passages throughout the downtown area.  The one picture shows a diagram of how they work/are oriented underneath the intersection.  Some even had little shops and snack stands in them.

bdp6.jpg

bdp10.jpg

• Like 4