Albion, 21 stories/270 ft, 415 residential units, 5,650 sq. ft. of retail, 364 car garage, 645 Division St.

markhollin

16 hours ago, natethegreat said:

When do we think floor plans and pre-leasing would be available here? Do those typically come online before the building officially opens? I want to live here…

https://www.albioninthegulch.com/albion-nashville-tn/

@albiongulch on Instagram and Twitter as well.

Floor plans should be available shortly and pre-leasing will begin this fall.   The pre-leasing office will be at 636 Division across the street.   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, natethegreat said:

When do we think floor plans and pre-leasing would be available here? Do those typically come online before the building officially opens? I want to live here…

We'll be neighbors!  I'm angling for a unit on the western end (with no visibility of you know what) and facing downtown!

• Like 1

You know you will soon lose your view, don't you? Albion has another project planned across the street and Paseo III & IV will block most of the views toward downtown not to mention 621 Middleton will block all of the views of the lower units toward downtown.

If downtown is what you want to see.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 9:40 AM, smeagolsfree said:

You know you will soon lose your view, don't you? Albion has another project planned across the street and Paseo III & IV will block most of the views toward downtown not to mention 621 Middleton will block all of the views of the lower units toward downtown.

If downtown is what you want to see.

It's okay.  I'll only be there until my unit is ready at the top of the Ritz resi!  No lawyers for me either!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MontanaGuy said:

It sounds like this is going to be for rental units instead of condos.  It makes me wonder how they could start making a profit quickly if they're only collecting a monthly rent instead of actually selling a unit for quite a bit of money.  I've been seriously thinking about selling my house in the suburbs and getting a condo downtown but there don't seem to be a lot of them for sale at the moment.  I also wouldn't want to spend a fortune on the HOA!  A unit facing towards downtown in this building would be pretty cool!  I love how it's looking!

I think lots of condos are snapped up by investors and set up as STRs. I would NOT want to live in a building that was predominantly STR units. Shop carefully! (And expect hefty HOA monthly fees, plus the possibility of special assessments.)

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I think lots of condos are snapped up by investors and set up as STRs. I would NOT want to live in a building that was predominantly STR units. Shop carefully! (And expect hefty HOA monthly fees, plus the possibility of special assessments.)

That's something I've been thinking about.  My biggest concern would be an HOA that kept on growing until I couldn't afford to live there anymore!  I'm thinking that a special assessment might be more likely to happen if the building was older and needed some repairs.  Thanks for your advice!

1 minute ago, MontanaGuy said:

That's something I've been thinking about.  My biggest concern would be an HOA that kept on growing until I couldn't afford to live there anymore!  I'm thinking that a special assessment might be more likely to happen if the building was older and needed some repairs.  Thanks for your advice!

Special assessments can happen anytime there are unforeseen expenses. Do lots of research before making the commitment to purchase a condo. I was incredibly fortunate to have purchased a unit in a well set up association way back in 1986. It has continued to function rather well, even during times when management and/or the board of directors were not top notch. (I was young and had not really studied the whole HOA situation…so lucky to have landed in a good one.)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Special assessments can happen anytime there are unforeseen expenses. Do lots of research before making the commitment to purchase a condo. I was incredibly fortunate to have purchased a unit in a well set up association way back in 1986. It has continued to function rather well, even during times when management and/or the board of directors were not top notch. (I was young and had not really studied the whole HOA situation…so lucky to have landed in a good one.)

That was very lucky!  Has the HOA stayed within reason for all of these years?  I'm 73 and I really don't need a major financial mistake at this point in my life.  I have a really nice house that's paid for but I would love to have a condo with a view of downtown.  If I do this I'll be extremely careful.   I appreciate your help!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

That was very lucky!  Has the HOA stayed within reason for all of these years?  I'm 73 and I really don't need a major financial mistake at this point in my life.  I have a really nice house that's paid for but I would love to have a condo with a view of downtown.  If I do this I'll be extremely careful.   I appreciate your help!

One of the things I love about my HOA is that the official covenants of the development prohibit any annual increase in monthly fees above 5%. The management company and the board of directors have to work hard to keep expenses in line. When we have faced unexpected costs, they have opted most often to use a line of credit rather than a special assessment. (Too many special assessments look bad to potential buyers and can negatively impact the ability to procure a loan for a unit in the development. At least that’s what I’ve heard from them as the logic behind the decision to use the line of credit.)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

It sounds like this is going to be for rental units instead of condos.  It makes me wonder how they could start making a profit quickly if they're only collecting a monthly rent instead of actually selling a unit for quite a bit of money.  I've been seriously thinking about selling my house in the suburbs and getting a condo downtown but there don't seem to be a lot of them for sale at the moment.  I also wouldn't want to spend a fortune on the HOA!  A unit facing towards downtown in this building would be pretty cool!  I love how it's looking!

They will sell this building to an investment firm and make a lot of money fairly quickly. Almost all of the new apartment buildings in town are sold within three years. 

• Thanks 1