Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

Haven't been to Austin in several years. They have some striking new (mostly good looking) architecture, but they really do like the stacked boxes style of tower.  That slanted building with the curved wall intrigues me the most. What is that one?  

Edited by MLBrumby

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Haven't been to Austin in several years. They have some striking new (mostly good looking) architecture, but they really do like the stacked boxes style of tower.  That slanted building with the curved wall intrigues me the most. What is that one?  

It's called the Block 185 Tower which is an odd name for a building.  It will be 594 feet high.  I hate to admit it but Austin is way ahead of us as far as tall skyscrapers are concerned and they're getting a lot of density too!

Edited by MontanaGuy
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, rolly said:

Here's the Walter,  a 35 level residential project in Raleigh's 'North Hills' mini downtown. 

Outside of Charlotte, it's the tallest building by floor count in the Carolinas.

Of course everyone's bummed these aren't in the CBD, but this area actually is getting more towers than downtown so we're just takin what they're givin. 

Source: developer's video posted by @KJHburg

The tallest building in Raleigh is not downtown? Is North Hills close to downtown like midtown or the Gulch here?