Travel observations and new developments of other cities and countries

markhollin

On 5/2/2021 at 6:40 AM, markhollin said:

Renderings for Miami World Center Legacy Hotel & Residences, 50 stories, 661 ft:
Miami World Center Legacy Hotel & Residences, 50 stories, 661 ft, 2.png

Hey, isn't this picture from that one building in London they call "the cell phone"?  That's the Canary Wharf skyline you see in the background beyond the opposite wall stairway...

Edited by Armacing

I just sent an email to you. I may be headed that way sometime later this summer to visit family in Lewisville and Mooresville. Got to get through a ton of doctors appointments first I have been putting off since Covid broke out. The dreaded Colonoscopy is Thursday.........:sick: another sleep study next week :tw_sleeping: Will it ever end..

• Like 4

https://www.thenextmiami.com/brightline-parent-proposes-two-83-story-supertowers-with-2007-residential-units-next-to-miamicentral/

I love this city! And new developments like this are very common in Miami. 
Also this project is next to the Brightline commuter rail that will connect Miami to Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Orlando and one day Tampa. Add to this that Miami Airport today announced that it will be expanding all of its terminals for more international and domestic flights, and you get a growing region that is helped by its infrastructure rather than harmed by it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 21jump said:

Miami is the only city that I visited in the last 5 years that feels like it has more construction and developments than Nashville.

Yeah same. Miami to be fair is the anchor of a metro area that is nearing 7 million vs Nashville’s 2 million, so naturally I believe this is why many more skyscraper projects have easier times getting off the ground here. Miami area does have many issues such as climate change, infrastructure/airport issues and crime, but the one thing it does well are skyscrapers.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

Yeah same. Miami to be fair is the anchor of a metro area that is nearing 7 million vs Nashville’s 2 million, so naturally I believe this is why many more skyscraper projects have easier times getting off the ground here. Miami area does have many issues such as climate change, infrastructure/airport issues and crime, but the one thing it does well are skyscrapers.

I would say that Miami is in the same league as Chicago and New York with possibly the third most impressive skyline in the US.  It's beginning to look like some of the cities in Latin America with skyscrapers sprouting up all over the place.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 1:46 PM, KJHburg said:

My offer stands for any visiting Nashvillian UPer visiting the Queen City free tour and includes a light rail ride and express toll lane ride LOL.  Southend would definitely be on the tour.  That is where some of favorite lunch and dinner spots are located.   Just let me know. 

What about a Miamian lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Love Miami's skyline and sure the offer extends to any Miamians 

Our tall buildings are office buildings not hotels or condos LOL

Yeah although Brickell has been becoming an office and financial center recently.

Also I will be gone from the forum all of next week for personal reasons, I hope to return to more exciting news about Nashville development haha