ONE22ONE, 25 stories, 356', 357,000 sq. ft. office space, 6,700 q. ft. ground floor retail

markhollin

20 hours ago, chris holman said:

Great tool and well done. I get a kick out of the video game people from the Lumion rendering software lol.

Still am worried about the fact they are showing a left hand turn on to Broadway...

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

We have been throught is before. We have tons of available space to build on so there is still little need to go tall. The cost of go over a certain floor count and height increases cost by a lot not to mention insurance on the property. We have had lots of developer's that are high on Nashville but sill play the conservative card. 

Again look at all of the available land not necessarily in the core but within a quarter to a half mile of the core and there are acres upon acres of buildable locations. If a developer has the option of building 50 stories on a property in the core that is going to cost him twice as much to build on as a property a half mile away where it is only half the height because he has a bigger space, then where do you think he will build.

The only thing that may give us a tall building over 700 feet will be a resisdential building, but we have had several of those proposed and those seem to be very difficult to get out of the ground.

The other thing that hurts is all of these multi acre projects that are proposed. The more of those you have the less likely you are to have one building that is going to stand out because of all the competition.

I remember doing a count of available buildable land within a mile of the core a couple of years ago and I was way over 500 acres of parcels and land. Remember the east bank!!! Lots of land and the DT code was extended to River North meaning up to 30 stories and that is 110 acres in itself.

The last point is the only places you can have unlimited height are the CBD and a few places in SoBro if that. You have to get the Planning dept to change the code and there are very few buildable locations in the CBD. The bonus height program IMO is a joke and there is no need to make a developer jump through all of those extra hoops. If it had not been for Metro Planning we would probably already have had a new tallest, but that has never been a priority for Planning or the Metro Council to have a new talllest for the City of Nashville. Frankly I dont think they care.

Up until recently the Planning Dept head wanted everything stair stepped from the river or you would not have see the 4 Seasons built at that location. They had to pull teeth to get the Encore built and I think they had to cut floors from it.

Thanks for the insight. I agree that there is plenty of open space to build a big boy one day. It’s also not so bad that if we do start getting them, all the other infill is practically done. I’m just impatient is all. Nashville still looks great either way.