Truist - New HQ (BB&T-SunTrust Merger)

dubone

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought that they were definitely building a tower in Uptown.

We all speculate that they are. Nothing ever definitive has been reported. I would still bet for them to have a large presence uptown. 

BB&T bought 2 buildings in Lakepointe Corporate Center from Childress Klein before this was all announced.  Sealed Air is a neighbor.  However at the time they said that was to consolidate their back office operations already in Charlotte and so I think they will have their corporate HQ uptown.   Think of my Atlanta photos SunTrust tower downtown, offices in Midtown Atlanta and SunTrust Investment bank in Buckhead all very urban areas.    BB&T has their corporate HQ in downtown Winston in 2 buildings and they own the old AMEX campus near GSO airport.   How big and how large of space they will need it is up in the air.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

BB&T bought 2 buildings in Lakepointe Corporate Center from Childress Klein before this was all announced.  Sealed Air is a neighbor.  However at the time they said that was to consolidate their back office operations already in Charlotte and so I think they will have their corporate HQ uptown.   Think of my Atlanta photos SunTrust tower downtown, offices in Midtown Atlanta and SunTrust Investment bank in Buckhead all very urban areas.    BB&T has their corporate HQ in downtown Winston in 2 buildings and they own the old AMEX campus near GSO airport.   How big and how large of space they will need it is up in the air.  

Like I said, my inside knowledge is not extreme, but it definitely looks like a sizable campus outside of Uptown. However, I do believe that they will have a building Uptown. 

• Like 1

^^^^ Hmm don't what to say that comment above.   

Anyway getting back to the merger I read the same article online in the Atlanta Business Chronicle and it had a photo of the 60 story SunTrust Plaza in downtown but the Triangle and Triad Business Journals had a photo of the BB&T Plaza in Winston the blue glass one with a prominent view of the Wells Fargo Center there as well.  And the same article in the Charlotte Business Journal had photo of the BB&T Center in uptown.  I guess that was their local angle.   At least someone finally found a photo of BB&T's actual HQ in Winston.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, DeleteMe said:

So, to be clear, it's OK on UP if you are part of the Up Vote clique, to write, and post, inane comments.  What's the point of holding back?   I was one of the original members of this site, left and returned hoping it would be better, or maybe less of a clique.   Nothing has changed.  This site is dominated by 2 kinds of posters:  the know-it-alls and the suck-ups who will "like" anything posted by a know-it-all.   It's actually a game to "win" most likes.  Amazing.  Instead of meaningful discussions about the value of urban design in our cities, it's speculation, rumors, and the occasional news leak.   Why bother posting on the Georgia pages?  Like the rest of this site, it's dead.  The prima donna's on the Charlotte page are the only active users of Urban Planet.  Good luck with your pursuit of "likes".  

I'm assuming this is in response to  hinsp0 comment "Why don’t you go start a chick-fil-a thread in the Atlanta forum and spew your political vitriol over there."  His/her response was in regards to someone injecting Chic-fil-a's stance on LGBTQ rights in a conversation that truly didn't warrant it.  What on earth does that have to do with meaningful discussion about the value of urban design, as you put it??  I don't necessarily agree with the strong arm approach of hinsp0 insinuating to go post over in the Atlanta sub, but the point is valid.  There are specific threads in other areas of this site, such as the coffee house, to have political discussions such as this.  The original comment had no place in this thread and was solely posted to illicit knee-jerk reactions from other users.  By your own standards it was necessary to call out as it doesn't in anyway further the discussion in this thread.  Prima donna - hello kettle...this is the pot....

Edited by queensguy06
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, DeleteMe said:

So, to be clear, it's OK on UP if you are part of the Up Vote clique, to write, and post, inane comments.  What's the point of holding back?   I was one of the original members of this site, left and returned hoping it would be better, or maybe less of a clique.   Nothing has changed.  This site is dominated by 2 kinds of posters:  the know-it-alls and the suck-ups who will "like" anything posted by a know-it-all.   It's actually a game to "win" most likes.  Amazing.  Instead of meaningful discussions about the value of urban design in our cities, it's speculation, rumors, and the occasional news leak.   Why bother posting on the Georgia pages?  Like the rest of this site, it's dead.  The prima donna's on the Charlotte page are the only active users of Urban Planet.  Good luck with your pursuit of "likes".  

Wow. This looks like something I would post...lol. I’m sure I’ll get ganged up on by the clique too. I don’t even post anymore because I could say one honest thing and if it offends one it offends them all then I’m shunned. Smh i just stay to myself and don’t post anymore. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. I will keep my pics and updates to myself lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

My very first post on this site was scoffed at as something a new guy would say LOL but I kept posting and posting and posting.   I could care less but you know what happened.  I have made some friends through this site even though that was not the reason I joined and contributed.   Anyone is free to post and sometimes a counter view is very helpful.  

Haha. Lets all make sure we treat all newcomers with the upmost respect.

We should also figure out a way to aggregate information into the first post of each thread, and make sure pertinent data like Height, Floors, Completion time, Industry (Residential, Office, Hotel, Retail, etc) are in the topic name. 

For me, some of the frustration with posting on this site pertains to people asking questions about projects that are easily findable via google or via looking through the threads. 

Also our fascination with politicizing EVERYTHING. I'm guilty of it myself. I don't think this has a place on this site.

Edited by Guest

20 hours ago, DeleteMe said:

LMAO I disagree with everything this guy posts but he is spot on with his first sentence. 

I got brigaded, downvoted, and personally insulted for posting about politics in the political thread, and that same clique who says we shouldn't post about politics at all (they really mean anything they disagree with) always seem to take 'clever' political shots and try to make political points in development threads.  I am glad I didn't shell out any $$ to support this site like I usually do when I sign up places.  Its a clown show with a circle jerk of misinformed divas who try to bully people off the site if they don't conform to the imagined hierarchy.  

I must say I do appreciate the photos from a few members here.  They helped steer me to certain neighborhoods for investing since I dont have boots on the ground all the time in Charlotte.  You guys are the real heroes.  

Edited by Dandy Chiggens

6 minutes ago, Dandy Chiggens said:

LMAO I disagree with everything this guy posts but he is spot on with his first sentence. 

I got brigaded, downvoted, and personally insulted for posting about politics in the political thread, and that same clique who says we shouldn't post about politics at all (they really mean anything they disagree with) always seem to take political shots and try to make political points in threads like this.  I am glad I didn't shell out any $$ to support this site like I usually do when I sign up places.  Its a clown show with a circle jerk of misinformed divas who try to bully people off the site if they don't conform to the imagined hierarchy.  

I must say I do appreciate the photos from a few members here.  They helped steer me to certain neighborhoods for investing since I dont have boots on the ground all the time in Charlotte.  You guys are the real heroes.  

If politics are affecting steel prices, construction labor, or our city's image etc, then sure you can talk about it. But if your entire Modus operandi is to call out "liberals" then you do not belong on a website dedicated to discussing development, architecture, and building a better urban realm. 

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

If politics are affecting steel prices, construction labor, or our city's image etc, then sure you can talk about it. But if your entire Modus operandi is to call out "liberals" then you do not belong on a website dedicated to discussing development, architecture, and building a better urban realm. 

You have made comments other than that when it comes to politics (the latest example is you commenting on the BOA sign skewing to the right)  you clearly dont know anything about tariffs or the economy at large so keep living in your bubble of ignorance.  If you think you decide who belongs here and who doesn't then feel free to delete my acct.  Theres no way you are taller than 5'06".

Edited by Dandy Chiggens
Change height from 5'8" since thats giving him too much credit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You have made comments other than that when it comes to politics (the latest example is you commenting on the BOA sign skewing to the right)  you clearly dont know anything about tariffs or the economy at large so keep living in your bubble of ignorance.  If you think you decide who belongs here and who doesn't then feel free to delete my acct.  Theres no way you are taller than 5'06".

Sorry I hurt ur feelings Dandy. Would love to hear your opinion on urban development, that’s all I keep asking for. But you seem to be here to pick fights only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk