Honeywell HQ to Charlotte

CarolinaDaydreamin

14 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Can't tell from the photo, but is it designed to look like a thermostat screen? Feels like a missed opportunity if not.

Yes, its there Wi-Fi smart thermostat.  I am guessing the humidity levels were off and blurred that part of the photo, has nothing to do with my photo editing skills.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have mostly positive things to say about both. Besides the cornices on BofA I think they’ve done a swell job. I like the way BofA and Honeywell balance well with each other and I think a similarly designed third building in a darker material would really even things out. The style looks like legos almost but I dig it in a limited capacity 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

It always makes me laugh that Ally made this big deal about how cool their crown was going to be and now they're the only new building that's never lit up.

Does it even have lights? As far as I can tell its just an ugly privacy fence to hide the mechanical equipment.

5 hours ago, DavieNative said:

Does it even have lights? As far as I can tell its just an ugly privacy fence to hide the mechanical equipment.

Yes. I think the screen is a similar material to the BofA pyramid. They lit up the screening during testing I believe, but as I recall, there was a big flaw. BofA has the support structure aluminum on the outside of the material. Because the support structure is behind the screening at Ally, when they lit it up it looked like someone was shining a light on fence posts or something. 

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 1