Honeywell HQ to Charlotte

CarolinaDaydreamin

1 hour ago, JacksonH said:

I do not know the details.  They were talking about it in the meeting last night, which has posted to their website.  The meeting was five hours long.  This discussion was within the last hour.  What I recall them saying was that the amendment had to do with signage not covering architectural features.  I think they said the  amendment was written last summer in response to signage from a company they would not name, but which later a member identified as Truist.

There was discussion about the size of the letters in the Honeywell sign and the Honeywell representative was pointing out that the bottom of the letters in their sign would be ten feet above the floor so they would be small enough so as not obstruct the window view from the people inside.  This was just a hearing so no decision has been made from what I could tell. 

UPDATE:  Here's the link to the meeting.  I might have misspoje in referring to an "amendment."  I just listened again and it sounds like it's a "new ordinance" on signage, not an amendment.  The signage discussion starts at 4:15:30:  

A new ordinance is definitely needed. Too bad it can't be retroactive.....

• Like 4

15 hours ago, norm21499 said:

A new ordinance is definitely needed. Too bad it can't be retroactive.....

It can be.  The City would just have to compensate at fair market value for loss of property.  (also in no way would I actually advocate for this, that's just a can of worms) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...