Go Gators!

dcluley98

It’s Tom Petty Day in The Swamp:

https://youtu.be/nvlTJrNJ5lA

Tom was a Gainesville native who went to Gainesville High. He was never a student at UF but did work on a campus groundskeeping crew before heading to L A to become famous for his songs.

Btw, the Heartbreakers were known as Mudcrutch in their Hogtown days…

Wow. Darth Saban is mortally wounded as Jabba the Heup comes to the aid of the Resistance (who knew?). It’s early yet, but there may be a changing of the guard underway- we’ll know more later tonight in Tallahassee.

Meanwhile, Duh Cows lose as usual and drop to 1-6. FIU lost to UTSA.

Da U finally won again by sliding past Va Tech, one of the ACC’s worst teams this year. Dynastic teams don’t just win to mediocrities by 7.

Stay tuned- so far the Gators are handling LSU and FAU is trying to keep up with…. Rice.

UPDATE: FAU pulls it out 17-14 against Rice but the ‘Noles and Gators have work to do…

Edited by spenser1058

On 10/15/2022 at 7:52 PM, spenser1058 said:

Wow. Darth Saban is mortally wounded as Jabba the Heup comes to the aid of the Resistance (who knew?). It’s early yet, but there may be a changing of the guard underway- we’ll know more later tonight in Tallahassee.

Meanwhile, Duh Cows lose as usual and drop to 1-6. FIU lost to UTSA.

Da U finally won again by sliding past Va Tech, one of the ACC’s worst teams this year. Dynastic teams don’t just win to mediocrities by 7.

Stay tuned- so far the Gators are handling LSU and FAU is trying to keep up with…. Rice.

UPDATE: FAU pulls it out 17-14 against Rice but the ‘Noles and Gators have work to do…

I would say that UF's defense is trash, but, that roughing call was questionable IMO.  Shane seems to think it was a good call b/c of how the refs call that in this day and age versus back when he chucked it for SOS.

AR missed quite a few short passes where it would have kept the drive alive.  That's a killer when LSU and Kelly came to play.

UF is ...I don't know...  they will have to beat SoCar and Vandy to get to 6 wins.  I don't see them beating UGA  or Texas A&M or FSU.  Why?  because the QB spot is shaky at best.  I said it before...Mullen dumped two years of lost training for AR in 2020 and 2021.  Between that and back flips and tweeting, it has led to this.  At the end of the game when UF had the ball with 1:35m left, AR just kept missing WR's and they could have driven and then gone for an onside kick.

When they recruit the next QB, they need someone with cohones.  None of this 'my confidence was shaken' BS.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Sing some Petty!

you know, I really don't like that "tradition."  It does nothing for me.  Petty is fine, but unless you're like Southern Miss or App State or one of these schools known for making comebacks and shocking the world of football on a consistent basis, it just don't work.  UF does not have that track record. They're 1-A.  They are supposed to be on par with the best programs in the country; not a giant killer.  The Tom Petty thing to me applies more to the above...

Now, If UF would have beaten LSU, now that would have added to the lore of that tradition...

• Like 1

The University of Opa-Locka, aka Da U and the most overrated team in college football, loses to Duke 45-21.

UF, FSU, FAMU and Duh Cows all have a Bye. Sadly, the Hatters lost to Dayton.

Both Cincy and Clemson won, setting up a possible return of College Game Day to UCF* next week if our Knights defeat ECU in Greenville. Stay tuned for the 7:30pm kickoff on ESPNU!

(* Coach Corso lives in Heathrow and he’s been having some health issues. The fact it’s much easier for him to stay in town is also a plus for us).

Edited by spenser1058
  • Thanks 1

“Duke routing Miami 45-21. Hurricanes will lose their 3rd consecutive home game. Last time UM lost 3 consecutive home games was 2007, a 5-7 season in Randy Shannon's 1st year at UM” - Brett McMurphy

“Not only did the University of Miami lose starting quarterback Tyler Van Dyke to injury Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium, it lost five fumbles and a pick-six that led to 31 Duke points and a 45-21 Blue Devils victory. 

“The Hurricanes committed eight turnovers, including three interceptions — one run back for a touchdown with 5:16 left in the game.” - The Miami Herald

Did we mention how well Oregon is doing without the Miami Messiah this year?

Edited by spenser1058

Dawgs are favored by 22.5 pt.  that means, a 45-21 score would have them cover.  Being that LSU had a similar lead on UF at one point, it is not out of the realm of possibility.  You need an accurate and consistent passer to counter the effects of good coverage.  AR is not that guy.  I will be surprised if UF scores 21.  I actually predicted something like 38-21 UGA.  The only way UF can win is if UGA turns the ball over and AR has a consistent accurate throwing day.  The problem is that Bennett is a very sound QB. 

Too bad we couldn't beat LSU and be 5-2 going into this game.  Now, we'll be 4-4 after the game.  If UF beats Rattler and SoCar they go 5-4.  If they beat Vandy, they go 6-4.  They'll likely lose to A&M and would be 6-5.  And probably lose to FSU and go 6-6.  The offense has to match a good defensive drive stopping series.  They are not good at doing that. That's why games are close when there should be at least 10 pt leads at times.

If UF doesn't beat SoCar, they don't make it to 6 wins.  They are not consistent enough to beat another inconsistent team with talent.

Edited by jrs2

Woohoo! @orange87 must have gone to the game - UConn slipped right on by Boston College for a big win. GO HUSKIES!

Meanwhile, Duh Cows do what bovines do, they lost again, this time to Houston.

Good to see the ‘Noles back on the win track. They took out the Ramblin’ Wreck (no, Brent Key is not going to become Tech’s head coach…. been there, done that.) Some good news for @angela1117!

The team that after Da U is most likely to be a legend only in its own mind is Auburn. They were obliterated by the Hogs today (and no, you can’t have Gus back…)

Last night, FIU beat La Tech. Signs of life  in the Everglades?

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2

Your Hometown National Champions defeated #20 Cincinnati 25 - 21.

CHARGE ON!

I was really glad Gus brought out Mikey Keene tonight, even if it was for an ailing JRP.

Meanwhile, it wasn’t pretty at The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party but it was pretty much what we expected. In the midst of the good news for the ‘Dawgs, it was sad to see National Champion Georgia Coach and AD Vince Dooley died this weekend.

Edited by spenser1058

15 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Your Hometown National Champions defeated #20 Cincinnati 25 - 21.

CHARGE ON!

I was really glad Gus brought out Mikey Keene tonight, even if it was for an ailing JRP.

Meanwhile, it wasn’t pretty at The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party but it was pretty much what we expected. In the midst of the good news for the ‘Dawgs, it was sad to see National Champion Georgia Coach and AD Vince Dooley died this weekend.

Ooh, how ominous...about Vince.  He was a great.

I was on the road most of yesterday.  Great win for UCF...a key win...

UF just doesn't have that "fight" instinct to keep it up for four quarters.  Wasn't it 20-28 at one point? Just like with LSU, uf had the ball with a minute and change and AR threw four in completions. Great teams don't do that.

With uga, I just knew they would do what it took to get the separation that they needed...and they did.

It's the QB.  I know Mahomes tried to mount a comeback in the superbowl, hit his WR's on the numbers except they dropped the ball almost every time.  Here, AR is getting too many errant throws.  When that happens, the D plays differently and everything else about the offense fails as a result.  Eight men in the box? You know the drill...  Napier doesn't run the Spread...  this is like the inverse of when Cheeseburger Charlie chose Driskell over Brisette to run a pro style offense in 2011.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Good to see the ‘Noles back on the win track. They took out the Ramblin’ Wreck (no, Brent Key is not going to become Tech’s head coach…. been there, done that.) Some good news for @angela1117!

Yes, was nice to see the Noles back on track. The crowd was a bit smaller this game but noon games are like that. It was delightfully cool and breezy. We've been going to the games since 2007 when our son started (he graduated in 2011). 

I read today that the Marching Chiefs won't be going to the Miami game next week. What kind of nonsense is that? My kid was a Marching Chief and said the crowds there were miserable to them and the band would get put up in the nosebleed seats and it's a 10 hour bus ride from Tallahassee to Miami but still was a great experience. (the buses would stop at Florida Mall on the way down and back as a half way point and the kids would get lunch at the food court. It was fun to watch 450 kids walk into the food court together and just take the place over. We'd bring him and his buddies subs so they wouldn't have to wait in line. Mom of the year....I know....:lol:)

Casey DeSantis did the coin flip yesterday. In all the years we've been going to the games I don't think there's ever been anyone even remotely connected to a political race on the field (or if there was I didn't pay attention because no one else grates on me like the desantises).  I guess the noon start time gave her time to get to the Florida Georgia game.

• Like 1