Hampton Roads Off-Topic Talk

Cotuit

Hollywood returns to Virginia. B)

From the Richmond Times-Dispatch

Virginia picked for HBO series on John Adams

BY DOUGLAS DURDEN

TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER

"Beginning this fall, Tom Hanks -- or at least his production company will be spending several months in Virginia filming "John Adams," an HBO miniseries based on David McCullough's Pulitzer Prize-winning biography about the Founding Father and American president.

Though locations in Williamsburg and the Richmond area have been under consideration for several months, HBO made the choice official yesterday." :w00t:

"The governor's office said it will be the largest and most expansive project ever filmed in Virginia, with an estimated economic impact of at least $60 million.

The miniseries will film September through April, including locations in Petersburg and Hanover and Powhatan counties, as well as Colonial Williamsburg. Portions of the miniseries will also be filmed in Europe. It's expected to air on HBO in 2007." :blush:

This coming on the heals of Terrance Mallick's Production The New World (filmed in and around Jamestown) will bring wonderful exposure not only to our area, but the Commonwealth as a whole. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's time for the VDOGG (Grrrr) to start a new thread dedicated to Virginia & the Hollywood productions taking place within it. :blush:

Speaking of fast food, I've been in America for 1 month and I can't get enough of it!! I've eaten at fast food restaurants almost everyday, and Arby's is my favorite!! wow, I'm full...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha. That is too funny. So just where are you by the way?

Speaking of fast food, I've been in America for 1 month and I can't get enough of it!! I've eaten at fast food restaurants almost everyday, and Arby's is my favorite!! wow, I'm full...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats funny because I get tired of fast food and kinda want something different. Maybe we should switch places. :lol:

gee, keeping Arby's in business for sure lol. hope you are having a good time in the states.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! I sure am having fun. I'm going back to Japan in a week but its about time. I went to Canada today which was fun and I got some great pics of the Detroit skyline. I'll post them in the Michigan forum soon for those who want to see.

This is random and a little odd/unimportant... but Corolla, NC is now listed under the cities listing for the Hampton Roads Metro on Emporis. :huh: The only building under Corolla is the Currituck County Lighthouse... random much?

Also, the info section for Norfolk is really well done and makes me pretty proud of our area :)