Hampton Roads Off-Topic Talk

Cotuit

I have nothing until the first week in September so go me.  And I get to go to DC in 2 weeks and NYC in 3 weeks.  Ah... to be young again... I mean still  bwahahahahahahaha. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice set of vacations. I'm TRYING to set aside some time to visit VA in August. I haven't been down there since December.

Here are a few pics from my recent trip to Nova. Hope you enjoy.

This past weekend I decided to go to Northern Va and take a few pics and hang out with a couple of friends that live up that way. This thread is sort of a pictorial of my trip. There are a lot of pics but hopefully you will enjoy them.

My first stop was in Woodbridge at Ikea! It's a pretty cool store for sure. Luckily I left 'unscathed'. Here are a few pics of the showroom.

DSC02394.jpg

DSC02397.jpg

DSC02399.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

Next is Old Town. This area is really neat with tons of resaturants and shops. Lots of places just to hang out as well. The old row houses are really neat.

DSC02410.jpg

Cobble stone street.

DSC02412.jpg

DSC02413.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

A bike shop.

DSC02415.jpg

Chadwicks. A pretty neat place to eat.

DSC02417.jpg

The Potomac is at the edge of Old Town. Folks were out everywhere enjoying the weather. Regan National Airport is just north of here.

DSC02418.jpg

DSC02419.jpg

DSC02420.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02423.jpg

Starbucks!

DSC02424.jpg

DSC02425.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

DSC02427.jpg

The visitor center.

DSC02428.jpg

Market Square and City Hall. City Hall was built in 1873, was once the site of Fairfax County Courthouse, as well as fire engine companies and a jail. George Washington was known to bring good from his plantation at Mount Vernon to Market Square, which he also used as a militia training site during the War of Independence. Market Square today is a site for outdoor live entertainment and a Farmer's Market that opens on Saturdays.

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02430.jpg

DSC02432.jpg

DSC02433.jpg

King Street Metro Station

DSC02436.jpg

George Washington Masonic National Memorial. George Washington was the Charter Worship Master of the Alexandria Masonic Lodge and this memorial offers a tribue to his leadership and patriotism. Guided tours allow visitors to trace the events of Washington's life and discover a splendid view of Old Town and DC from the 333-foot Memorial Tower.

DSC02437.jpg

The new blends in just great with the old in Old Town.

DSC02438.jpg

Hope you enjoyed!!

Speaking of Clubs, is The Boat House still operating in Norfolk? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No the hurricane made it unstable and they condemned the building and pretty much the NORVA took all of its business anyways. I've been to some memorable concerts there and will miss it. Its still there but no one is allowed to use it. I think the roof collapsed some too.

No the hurricane made it unstable and they condemned the building and pretty much the NORVA took all of its business anyways. I've been to some memorable concerts there and will miss it. Its still there but no one is allowed to use it. I think the roof collapsed some too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The city owns the property and plans to build a multi-modal transportation station there.