Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Bummer:  The Heaven's Door, Bob Dylan-centric bar, distillery, and art gallery project that was to include the historic former church at 410 Elm St. has been scrapped. This also includes the entertainment venue, called Recess, that was being planned at 425 4th Ave. South. Heaven's Door Spirits had paid a total of $11.4 million for the two adjoining sites in the past 5 years. They are now available for purchase at an undisclosed asking price.  Both sites should fetch a nice profit.  Hopefully whoever purchases will have plans that integrate the historic church structure (circa early 1900s).

More behind The Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/bob-dylan-themed-project-seemingly-scrapped/article_ecf1c49c-abde-11ed-8375-f3365afbf7a8.html

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Wow. The southside of the convention center is like the Bermuda Triangle for developers.

On 2/10/2023 at 2:36 PM, markhollin said:

Black Swan (formerly known as SoBro Guest House), an STR property at  at 310 Peabody St.,  is wanting to add 3 stories to the existing  3 story structure.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/02/10/deal-dash-nashville-yards-southwest-value-partners.html

Screen Shot 2023-02-10 at 2.34.24 PM.png

On 2/10/2023 at 3:58 PM, MLBrumby said:

Yikes!   I would't trust that... I hope planning has an engineer check it out. If that's the one I'm thinking of, it seems like good money after bad. Don't spend much on it at this time or sell it?!

Just so folks are aware, it is not 3-stories on top of the building. It is a 3-story addition on to the east side of the building. See the snip from the public document below.

image.thumb.png.acf189664861ba6d02aa02cffd36bcc5.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, natethegreat said:

Need to move the rescue mission. Way too many homeless wandering around between downtown and the Gulch.

Is that the place next to the Circle South lot?  I was nervous about parking my car there a couple days ago, there was a guy unconscious laying in the middle of the sidewalk and all kinds of rough looking guys roaming around the area.  It's really a problem and I don't know what we could do about it.  I can't imagine any of the guys I saw being able to do any sort of work so they really can't take care of themselves.

• Sad 1

Again, I have heard that the Missions time at that location is numbered. I feel that they have missed the gravy train as far as price per acre goes right now. The price now is either flat or dropping as demand is dropping for the near future IMO. They should have sold two years ago. The market prices will take a little time to recover now as many of these projects are going to take longer to build as financing tightens up and some of the developers either put the brakes on or slow projects to a crawl in some cases. Some will move forward, and some may not. The main thing is the Mission is going to have to take less for their property now or wait for the market to recover and that can take a while.

• Like 3

The state legislature is considering a $20 million, 4 story, 400 capacity parking garage to be built just to the north of Cordell Hull Building on what is currently green space.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/politics/state/lawmakers-consider-new-garage-to-avoid-bus-station-gauntlet/article_2e4afa40-ad64-11ed-aec3-1f2f948846f0.html

Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 3.00.43 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, go_outside said:

Always exciting when we bulldoze green space for parking garages!  I expect nothing less from our forward-thinking legislators.

I wish they would bulldoze that eyesore of an apartment tower on the corner for green space to compensate for that lost for the new parking garage.

• Like 3

Pelato Italian Restaurant will open in the space at 1300 3rd Ave. North t hat was most recently occupied by Saint Stephen restaurant. A $500,000 reconstruction of the 6,900 sq. ft. space is being overseen by Anthony and Theresa Scotto who recently moved her from NYC. No word yet on when it will open.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/02/16/italian-restaurant-germantown-luogo-anthony-scotto.html

• Like 4

21 hours ago, markhollin said:

Pelato Italian Restaurant will open in the space at 1300 3rd Ave. North t hat was most recently occupied by Saint Stephen restaurant. A $500,000 reconstruction of the 6,900 sq. ft. space is being overseen by Anthony and Theresa Scotto who recently moved her from NYC. No word yet on when it will open.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/02/16/italian-restaurant-germantown-luogo-anthony-scotto.html

Maybe the 4th time will be a charm? The population growth will support it, though, and the interior is immense. Also, one of the longest bars in Nashville. I hope they make it. That hideous cannabis bar and cafe across the street will hopefully be replaced some day.

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

5th & Monroe will be a 3 story, 5 townhome project on .4 acre at 1309 5th Ave. North. by Mainland Companies. They paid $2.4 million for the empty lot in 2021. These will be large units ranging from 4,400 to 5,400 sq. ft., and each with a 2 car garage

I hate losing that green space a block from my house. I’m sure the neighborhood dogs will also miss it!

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

5th & Monroe will be a 3 story, 5 townhome project on .4 acre at 1309 5th Ave. North. by Mainland Companies. They paid $2.4 million for the empty lot in 2021. These will be large units ranging from 4,400 to 5,400 sq. ft., and each with a 2 car garage. Manuel Zeitlin Architects will oversee the design. Mainland will go before the MDHA Design Review Committee on Feb. 21 for approval.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/boutique-townhome-project-eyed-for-germantown/article_13057e70-ae29-11ed-a416-97c5f79f88ef.html

5th & Monroe, Feb 17, 2023, render 1.png

5th & Monroe, Feb 17, 2023, render 2.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

34206807_5thMonroeFeb172023sitemap.png

Looks nice

• Like 1