Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Macy's has sold its RiverGate Mall store and parking lot (11.8 acres, 200,000 sq. ft. building) for $4 million to MRH Rivergate LLC, a Chattanooga-based real estate company. No word on their plans.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/08/11/macys-sells-rivergate-mall-property-developer.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 8.07.28 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

SmileDirectClub has given up "several flors" on its HQ space in Philips Plaza, citing that more work from home since the pandemic started has shown that don't need as much space.  

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/08/14/deal-dash-nashville-cre-activity-roundup.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

SmileDirectClub has given up "several flors" on its HQ space in Philips Plaza, citing that more work from home since the pandemic started has shown that don't need as much space.  

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/08/14/deal-dash-nashville-cre-activity-roundup.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Really going to be interesting where this leads with other corporations.  I have a feeling some will try to downsize space because of "work from home"...but I do wonder what the longterm will look like and if "work from home" will provide good numbers for these companies.

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

Really going to be interesting where this leads with other corporations.  I have a feeling some will try to downsize space because of "work from home"...but I do wonder what the longterm will look like and if "work from home" will provide good numbers for these companies.

Everything I'm hearing and seeing is that employees, working from home, are working longer hours and productivity is up. In the neighborhood of 15%. I would say that is true for me, also

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

Everything I'm hearing and seeing is that employees, working from home, are working longer hours and productivity is up. In the neighborhood of 15%. I would say that is true for me, also

I work from home and get distracted a lot...but then again...I may end up working more hours because I can work anytime I want.  Like right now...it's almost 1am and I'm in the middle of working on a project and will probably work until 5am on it.  So I do love the flexibility.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, LA_TN said:

It differs from person to person. People will kids will more often not be as productive, and sometimes people need to have time away from their spouses, as sad as that sounds. 

• Like 4

North Lights, Phase I (197 various type residential units) update.  Land full cleared.

Looking south from Old Matthews Rd., 1/2 block north of West Trinity Lane:

North Lights, Aug 15, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking west from Old Matthews Rd., 1/2 block north of West Trinity Lane:

North Lights, Aug 15, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking north from Old Matthews Rd., 1/2 block north of West Trinity Lane:

North Lights, Aug 15, 2020, 3.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nashvylle said:

It differs from person to person. People will kids will more often not be as productive, and sometimes people need to have time away from their spouses, as sad as that sounds. 

Yep, yep, yes, agree. I have a dedicated work space at home; some folks do not and were not prepared to work from home because they either never did or just temporarily. The big issue I have seen is those who enjoy having 318 people to talk to every day (isolation has been mentally challenging). The amount of time I lose due to kids is offset by not driving and the flexibility that @titanhogrefers to in that I can catch up on stuff at night if needed 

• Like 2

The Blue Parrot (3 story, 11,000 sq. ft.  bar) at 300 4th Ave. South will recommence construction (foundation has been laid for at least 6 months) via a $2.05 million permit. Kerry G. Campbell in the general contractor.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21142863/permit-patrol-17-august-2020

• Like 2

On 8/15/2020 at 12:46 AM, titanhog said:

I work from home and get distracted a lot...but then again...I may end up working more hours because I can work anytime I want.  Like right now...it's almost 1am and I'm in the middle of working on a project and will probably work until 5am on it.  So I do love the flexibility.

I work (worked) downtown too and we are all working from home till at least next year.  Productivity is also way up.  Nice not have 1.5 to 2 hours of commute a day erased.

• Like 2

I've been going into the office in downtown two days a week now for a little over a month and it is such a nice refresh from being at home. My industry is so collaborative that at times it has been a struggle to get everyone on the same page. At the same rate, things have been somewhat more productive (when the work is flowing) due to lack of chit chat. The office atmosphere has been a huge thing I miss. There is only so much a conversation via messenger apps can carry.

That all being said when the whole pandemic concludes, some people are gonna be really impressed or confused by how much some of these developments are changing in downtown.

• Like 3