Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Centurion Stone is still planning on move from their 12 acre site on the shore of Cumberland in Germantown in early 2018, and still looking for a buyer for that land. The plot is immediately to the north of Hammermill apartments which are under construction right now. Centurion Stone will be hiring another employees to be relocated with the 200+ others at their new location on Cockrill Bend.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20973837/centurion-stone-to-hire-50-as-early-2018-move-looms

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 2.22.22 PM.png

• Like 2

Sedona Taphouse coming to Broadstone Germantown within a 3,000 sq. ft. space facing 3rd Ave. North near intersection with Madison Street.  Will be a $1 million build-out:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/08/28/on-tap-another-bar-and-restaurant-headed-to.html

Additionally, here are some some new pics of the apartment complex.

Sedona Taphouse will be in retail space shown on first floor here:

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 4.57.41 PM.png

Part of the clubhouse:

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 4.57.56 AM.png

The music performance hall with deck overlooking city:

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 4.58.13 AM.png

Party deck:

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 4.58.31 AM.png

Sound-proofed music writing room:

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 4.58.44 AM.png

• Like 2

Last I heard the Division Street Connector was slated to open tomorrow.  I've driven by it a few times in the past week and it doesn't quite look ready.   I will say it looks sharp, and the city's brought the two tone Gulch style sidewalks across the Connector and eastward into SoBro.   I am curious if anyone has heard an update of when it will open? 

• Like 1

Houzz Inc. has announced plans to double the number of its Nashville employees to more than 400 people in the next 12 months.

Similarly, the Palo Alto, California-based company, which offers an online platform for home remodeling and design, will lease an additional floor at the UBS Tower in downtown, according to a release.

Houzz has operated from floors 24 and 25 in the UBS Tower since January 2017. To accommodate its continued growth, Houzz has finalized the lease of the 26th floor.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/economic-development/article/20974021/houzz-to-double-nashville-workforce-to-400

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/08/30/home-remodeling-platform-houzz-add-200-plus-more-jobs-nashville/611687001/

So what percentage of the building will be left available after these floors are leased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

So what percentage of the building will be left available after these floors are leased?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tennessean says this will bring UBS to 94% occupancy.  Wasn't it less than 50% just a couple of years ago?

• Like 3

What buildings at this point even have a substantial amount of sq ft available should someone want to expand?

Both have about 50K left.

BOA has quite a bit of space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe some of y'all know a little bit about this: I was glancing around at Smeag's development map and I noticed that next to the Nashville City Center there are plans for a 20 story building where they built a 5 level garage. Is this the same tower that was originally planned when they built it in the '80s? I thought that one was supposed to be a lot taller. Does anyone know anything about the status of this 20 story building, or just a general history of what they have planned/are planning for this area? Seems like some pretty prime real estate to be sitting dormant so long. 

IMG_0673.PNG

25 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

Maybe some of y'all know a little bit about this: I was glancing around at Smeag's development map and I noticed that next to the Nashville City Center there are plans for a 20 story building where they built a 5 level garage. Is this the same tower that was originally planned when they built it in the '80s? I thought that one was supposed to be a lot taller. Does anyone know anything about the status of this 20 story building, or just a general history of what they have planned/are planning for this area? Seems like some pretty prime real estate to be sitting dormant so long. 

When they built the underground parking garage, it was designed to accommodate a 20 story tower to be built on top at a later date. There are currently no immediate plans to build such tower

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LA_TN said:

When they built the underground parking garage, it was designed to accommodate a 20 story tower to be built on top at a later date. There are currently no immediate plans to build such tower

They are just about finished installing a small food space at the corner of the surface lot of that garage.  Looks like it will be some kind of sandwich shop.  It's one of those shipping container re-use structures.

• Like 2

That's a good point what's on the east bank because it's much lower?!

Perhaps the wall on the east bank is up more towards the interstate on the other side and you are just conceding the stadium, scrap yard and all of that?

Or is it like St. Louis where it just pushes all the problems farther down stream?

13 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

It's the same location for what was supposed to be Nashville City Center II. You're correct that it was supposed to be much taller, 40 stories and about 510' tall.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LA_TN said:

This is correct.    

31 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I think part of the delay for any future City Center building is that it would block a lot of views from the existing tenants. Tenants they cannot currently afford to lose or anger with a construction project 50 feet away.

This is not correct.    None of that is/was a factor.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

They are just about finished installing a small food space at the corner of the surface lot of that garage.  Looks like it will be some kind of sandwich shop.  It's one of those shipping container re-use structures.

Yes, it is a shipping container and will be a food kiosk.   Sort of a permanent food truck.     I'm not sure who the vendor is that will occupy it.    The City Center owners are also constructing an outdoor stage and new seating and landscaping on the plaza.     I'll try to snap some pictures of the renderings in the building lobby. 

• Like 3