Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The 1.18-acre Exxon gas station/convenience store property on Broadway across from The Tennessean building has been put up for sale as a redevelopment opportunity. Up to 28-story structure allowed on property across from The Tennessean, which one land broker said could be worth between $300 to $350 a square foot. Commercial real estate firm CBRE is handling listing of the Gulch area site at 1111 Broadway, which is within the path of development.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/06/27/nashvilles-broadway-exxon-site-listed-sale-redevelopment-play/430518001/

I have mixed feelings about that property. On one hand, this would be a chance to build something amazing that would help serve as a of gateway of sorts into downtown. On the other, that Exxon station serves a valuable purpose for locals and tourists alike as one of the few (or only?) remaining convenience stores/gas stations downtown. I would hate to see the core not have at least one source for gas and convenience items.

An aside: It seems odd that this Tiger Mart location underwent a major renovation about a year ago just to be put up for sale now. Weird timing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

I have mixed feelings about that property. On one hand, this would be a chance to build something amazing that would help serve as a of gateway of sorts into downtown. On the other, that Exxon station serves a valuable purpose for locals and tourists alike as one of the few (or only?) remaining convenience stores/gas stations downtown. I would hate to see the core not have at least one source for gas and convenience items.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat about hating to lose one of the only remaining downtown gas stations.   I go there all the time.   Plus if we lose this where will all the bikers hang out?    

Much rather develop the McDonalds property across the street.  

• Like 4

From the Nashville Post:

Chris Blair, owner of SoBro-based The Listening Room Cafe, has landed a major permit related to the new space he is leasing for his business.Blair has signed a long-term lease for space in a building located at 618 Fourth Ave. S. (pictured) and on which work is underway.

The permit, valued at $1.06 million, will allow interior work to update the space, which will span 11,500 square feet. Wellspring Builders Inc. is handling the job.

Currently, The Listening Room Cafe operates from a building spanning 6,000 square feet and located at 217 Second Ave. S. A late summer to early fall opening in the new space is slated.

• Like 1

On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 10:24 PM, Jamie Hall said:

An aside: It seems odd that this Tiger Mart location underwent a major renovation about a year ago just to be put up for sale now. Weird timing.

There are several close by gas stations, and Exxon on Charlotte and the interstate, a Shell two blocks out West End. Several on Charlotte between the interstate and Centennial Park, one on Rosa Parks and Jefferson.......could go on.

• Like 1

An affiliate of Chicago-based hotel consulting and design firm The Gettys Group is the apparent suitor with a contract to buy a more than two-acre prime development site in downtown Nashville from the state.

Last week, Chattanooga-based Compass Auctions & Real Estate LLC announced a just over $8.9 million winning bid for 450-460 James Robertson Parkway, which includes an office building that once housed the Tennessee Regulatory Authority. 

The hotel consulting and design firm is no stranger to Nashville real estate having paid $3 million for The Realtors Building at 306 Gay St. roughly 2 1/2 years ago. That five-story, 32,000-square-foot building is next door to 450-460 James Robertson Parkway, which in addition to the 1.18-acre former TRA headquarters site includes an adjoining 0.87-acre parking lot site. At one point they announced that it would be the location of a 156 room TownPlace Suites Hotel.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/06/30/chicago-hotel-consultant-design-firm-suitor-2-acre-downtown-nashville-state-property/441431001/

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 4.50.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 4.50.37 AM.png

• Like 1

It's interesting that there's no mention of the planned Townplace Suites at 306 Gay St.  It almost sounds like there aren't any current specific plans for that property and they might try to just tie it in with the two new parcels for a larger development(?)

• Like 2

The three-parcel site covering 1.15 acres bordered by Leah Avenue on the north, Fifth Avenue on the east and Lafayette Street on the south has sold for an undisclosed amount to a mystery developer who is known for hotels. Made up primarily of 1 story concrete block structures including Czann's micro brewery, the site is directly across Lea Avenue from the proposed Hyatt House Hotel.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20866470/sobro-site-home-to-brewery-sells

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 1.27.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 1.27.47 PM.png

• Like 4

SoBro Hampton Inn expansion (5 stories, 50 rooms) update. Up to 3rd floor now. Crane has been in place for a few weeks.

Looking west from from parking lot of Sole Mio Restaurant along Almond Street:

Hampton Inn SoBro 1, June 25, 2017.jpg

Looking SE from 4th Ave. South near intersection with Molloy Street:

Hampton Inn SoBro 2, June 25, 2017.jpg

• Like 2

I kinda wish they would've added a few bells and whistles to that complex upon reconstruction.  I like that it's there, but it's basically just a log cabin that looks like a different log cabin that was there long before... not exactly going to draw the attention of the tourist masses.  

41 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I think this reconstruction of the historic fort is more about school kids than tourists. Any out of towners who are interested in history may run across it, or seek it out, but tourists are not the focus here.

Hmm, that's a very good point... just to clarify though, I'm not saying they need to mix neon LED lights and interactive abstract art into it or anything haha... it is just a reconstruction of a historic fort, after all.  I guess to me it just seems that if they're already going to the trouble of rebuilding the entire complex, they could've done a little more than just putting some new bricks in the sidewalk to update and spruce up the attraction as a whole. 

4 hours ago, PHofKS said:

BTW, I saw the Broadway touring company version of 'Something Rotten' at TPAC of which the music and lyrics were written by a friend of a friend of mine. It was hilarious.

Was there as well.  Absolutely hilarious!    A tip of the hat to your friend.

Edited by thenorthchannel
spelling error
  • Like 2