Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Hey Smeags... the link is to the Werthan Flats info. It is the same developer (SWH) as RMH. Didn't know that there will be 3 more buildings (already announced) on RMH. That will be pretty cool when complete. Timetable?

Here's the RMH building... 7 stories...

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2013/5/8/rolling_mill_hill_project_groundbreaking_looms

There are three more apartment buildings that are to be built there and one of them will start by the end of the year. It escapes my memory who is suppose to do the buildings, but the architect is local, I do remember that.

So is it a bad sign if they are selling and then also citing that they were unhappy with the pace of leasing?  If the market demand is so high then why would they be facing this problem?

Side note, I went for a bicycle ride around town today and the Hyatt Place really looks good when coming across the pedestrian bridge.

Edited by bigeasy

I honestly have never really been in the Metrocenter area, but yesterday I decided to ride the greenway that goes by it. I really like that area and it seems like it would be a great area for future development. Did it experience flooding though a few years ago?  Also what is the large building with a blue roof off of the pond? The whole area around the pond looks great to me.

I honestly have never really been in the Metrocenter area, but yesterday I decided to ride the greenway that goes by it. I really like that area and it seems like it would be a great area for future development. Did it experience flooding though a few years ago?  Also what is the large building with a blue roof off of the pond? The whole area around the pond looks great to me.

That is the development known as "the mistake by the lake"...Fountain Square. Used to be a little mall with a theater.

• Like 2

Wasn't the area originally just a wetlands/floodplain before it was developed? 

Most of the area was landfill - the dump.  Not too long ago, there was a fire underground from buried garbage.  And, the area along the riverbank where the Ted Rhodes golf course is was eroding and dumping garbage into the river; necessitating an expensive rip-rap placement.

If the levy had broken, well I guess I can say HELL yea it would have flooded. If you take a walk on the greenway, you will see the river and when the flood hit , the water was actually a lot higher than a lot of the buildings there. There were a lot of folks that could not work because of the fear that the levy would break. I f you thought the flood was bad, it could have been a whole lot worse.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Still no start for the Hilton Garden Inn on Almond Street. They finished demolition back in February. Three months now. No permits yet? What is up?

North Capital will be at the explosion point at some time in the future like the East Side.

The only thing I wonder about with NC is the potential flooding issue. Otherwise, I think it has to be primed for a building boom. It will be really cool when the entire north side is one contiguous urban hood connected to downtown.

I'm anxious to see what the Federal Reserve Building will look like following the conversion. I'm having trouble picturing it as residential in it's current form. 

Same here. Definitely not one of the properties that jumps out at you as a potential residential conversion.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Still waiting on to see who got TIF. I can't believe they have not let the public know yet. I am pulling for Swerdling so Tony can focus on The Sobro.